My new harlequin shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishoutofwater

I just got a pair of Harlequin shrimp from an established tank. These are cool. With in minutes of adding them to my 210 reef they found my sand star and started eating so I removed the star and a leg and put the star in the fuge and gave the shrimp the leg. They jumped on it. This was wednesday. As of tonite they are still finishing it up. Here are some pics. enjoy

169.jpg

170.jpg

172.jpg

165.jpg

168.jpg

feed just a single leg from a very small coldwater star, they will not live in higher temperature water for very long. The sand star is unlikely to survive in the fuge for long either. They need far more surface area to do well.

I have sand in the fuge too but I wasnt expecting him to last long but long enough to keep feeding the shrimp. LOL. I will have to chcek the tide pools for stars to feed the shrimp.

feed just a single leg from a very small coldwater star, they will not live in higher temperature water for very long. The sand star is unlikely to survive in the fuge for long either. They need far more surface area to do well.

Back