My New Homie!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Picture3000432.jpg

i know the pic is shisty but its had when hes flying all over the place.
check him out, hes so small and cute.

i hope he lives a long time, what are there life expectantcy? he has to be young. its the 2nd smallest ive seen ever.

the first one i saw witch i wanted so bad was about the size of a dime, but i was in maine and i had a far drive, so i did by him, but this clown was from local.

when the lights turned off, he didnt know were to go. but my school of cromis went right to there cave, but then one of the green cromie's was looking at him like "HEY BUDDY OVER HERE",

where do they like to sleep, what do they like, i wanted to get a small carpet annome, but i cant find any small cheap ones, (frags) what do they like to eat will brine do? cause the green's are geting brine, he ate a little as soon as he came home 2 day, but i really like him, hes my 2nd kind of fish in this tank, the rest have always bin cromis cause there cheap

anyone have any good sugestions?

not just typeing to get more posts

Last edited:
LOL...Nice clown! I'm surprised your chromis didn't give him a hard time! My clowns love flakes and eat right out of my hand. The life expectancy on them is a very long time. I think Chuck has had his for close to 20 years if not 20 years. I'll check one of his old posts to find out for you. If you want some really good info on clowns, I'd go to Ilham's (Elmo's) clown workshop and browse through it. Best of luck with him:)

I searched a bit, but couldn't find the exact age of Chuck's clowns. I'm still thinking I read he had them 20 years, but not positive. :)

i thought cromies were peacefull, i read somewhere that they would follow him around, "leader of the pack"

i hope they dont kill him.

They could be peaceful...I figured since they were a type of damsel they may get a little nippy, but I could be wrong and probably am:p

chromis can be mean and some people hate them, but they're good for starting, hopefully yours won't get chased around by the chromis.
i've had my clown for about 3 years :D, she used to have a partner before she turned into a she, but the partner only lasted about year and a half or something like that.
My clown loves frozen formula (red kind) and cyclo peeze but you don't have to feed them cyclo peeze, some people like giving vitamins to their fishes and i believe there was a good thread about it so just search for foods, i'll try looking for it.

Krishant, i belive Chuck's clowns are 16 years old :lol: ... but not sure :p :lol: .

I know there is a set of clowns out at the Shark Reef that are close to 20 years old too. Beautiful creatures..

Hey guys. I had two clowns that we refer to as clowns a, that would sleep upside down in the corner, cute as could be. The next ones, I made sure they had an anemone before they came into the tank, rosy bubbletip. Now they sleep on, in or beside it. They will lay in some green algae thats beside of the anemone too.

I didn't know they would last so long. I'm thrilled with mine. The two I have are false percs and I have a large cinnamon and a small yellow band that live together in the other tank.

They like mysis shrimp, bloodworms, pellets, just about anything.

Good Luck!
BJ

well, first night hes still alive. i feel bad he looks lonely. and like he is haveing a hard time in the current (or wind as i refer)

i think im gonna go get a little peace of pcv, and hang in in the corner so he has a tube to sleep it. soon i will get my self a anomome. but what one should i get, bubble, hammer, carpet?

well dood a mug would work too :p.
The clown might not host your anemone right away and it might take months or years before he does.
I've seen them host rose bubbles and i think they can host carpet anemones but not sure on that one.
I have a long tentacle and my clown has never hosted, she's hosting xenias instead :p .

My clowns use to live in my anenome before i moved them to my new tank. Now they don't go anywhere near it they just stay in the upper corner of my tank and never go anywhere else. Its like my anenome was a waste. I think i may get rid of my old clowns for a new pair. Any ideas on how i can chase them to the anenome?

i don't think there's a way to push them in an anemone :p, so if they decided to stay out of it, they're probably gonna be like that for either a long time or short time... who knows.

if i get a anemone, what kind should i get? and do you think the clown wants a palce to sleep, he stay by the top of the water at night (last night)

do you think a peace of pvc pipe will make him a little happyer

Clowns are weird if you ask me. You give them a nice anenome and they sleep in the corner of the tank like a couple of idiots.

Yep. Or pick your favorite LPS to host in instead. I have one in my tank right now that when lights go off goes up in the corner of the tank to sleep. He's been doing it for over a 1-1/2.

ya but if a get a aneome, witch one should i get, i really like the way the hammer coral looks and the green carpet anemome. but i havent bin able to find a place that has really small ones,

Everyone i see has these 250+ big anenome that comes with a clown, and there nesting, and bla bla bla only can by them both bla bla bla

i just want to get a anenome, cause they look cool.

has anyone ever seen small like frags

Red/Ruby Bubble Tip is what I have. Pretty cool. moved around a little until it settled in. Now he's found his home it doesn't move around.

what did it cost, if you dont mine me asking, how big is it.

Im looking for some frags cause there cheaper.

and i figer that if i buy a frag and it dies, or i dont like it its less money spent ya know?

im looking for a frag of green carpit or hammer.

what does your look like

Im not gonna get it just for the clown, (he only cost 8 bucks) but if its looks good and theres a possabilty that my clown might like it im sure it cant hurt

Back