My New Homie!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hmm i think dood you need to first learn about the anemones dood.

One thing i have noticed is that they tend to host rose bubbles or green bubbles alot... the only bad thing about it is that these anemones tend to split and split and then you can end up with an anemone tank intead of reef :p.
Carpets can be difficult to keep, they also need sand i believe ohhh yeah and they can eat any fish in your tank .... just so you know :D .
Clowns can host xenias, frogspawns, mushrooms, anything basically....... but sometimes if your fish is no from the wild, he won't host anything at all..... i think sometimes it's just a tank or wild raised thingy :p.

here's a good link that helped me with anemones :D .

http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

ohh yeah and also you gotta make sure you feed it once a week and sometimes longer than that, it depends.

ohh yeah and you have to watch out if you have powerheads... because if the powerhead gets your anemone ..... ohhhh big trouble big big trouble :( , and anemones are not corals :p ....... just in case.

good point.. There are things you need to learn about anenomes.

For hammer of Frog spawn, The price all depends on how many stalks etc. I think a fare price is some where aournd 20.00 to 60.00. all depending on the coral.

My first pr of clowns wouldn't go near the bubble tip. But I think the problem was putting the bubble in several weeks after the clowns - or maybe they wouldn't have liked it anyway.

The second pair of clowns went to the anemone right away, but they were in one in the pet store.

The third set (in FOWLR) Waited a good 2-4 mos before going into the anemone, and then spent a long time "sneaking up on it".

A friend told me you most certainly train them to an anemone. Use a plastic fruit basket from the produce dept. like cherry tomatoes or strawberries come in. Put it over the clowns over the anemone. She swore it worked.

I didn't want anything to do with clowns if they weren't going to wallow in an anemone.

Question: Why did you only get 1? That was a great bargain!

Later
BJ

My clowns sleep at the top as well. I think they tend to find a place with the least amount of flow to rest at night. Could be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I've ever come to:)

I think it's just a clown thing. I have a 3/4" sized baby right now that I just got from Ilham (Elmo18). That's where it goes also when the lights go out.

i got one, cause i dont know what i can and cant do as far as introduceing 10 fish at once, and the $$.

but ive put a peace of pvc and tied it to the light, its at the top, im gonna see if he wants to sleep in it at night.

THe cromis dont bother him yet, they all get along in the the current (wind).

was i supost to get 2 at once?

there was another in the tank with him. but they didnt seem to partners or something.

time will tell.

Im working on geting my tank stableized after the sump.

it seems like my margareta snails are dieing.

water perameters are were there supost to be, 0,0,0 8.2,2.5meq,about 400 cal.

i think i buried my nanassus snails, ive only seen one since the wind storm of the sump install

Back