My new Nano!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Madisons_Mommy

Well, it's finally time I start my very own tank!! We ordered an Aquapod 24 with Sunpod 150MH lighting from Barbie at Aquarium Solutions. It's taken awhile for it to arrive, but the tank is finally here and in the process of getting set up. Still waiting on the light fixture, but hoping it'll be here soon. Michael's doing a few Mods to the tank before we fill it with water, so here goes. We've had live rock in a tote for a month or more, cycling, and it's really wanting to be in it's new home.

My tank will be mainly SPS and Zoanthids. So far, the :idea:mods:idea: include replacing the stock pump with a MJ900 or MJ1200, we're not totally decided on which yet:?:. Another MJ900 will also be used, with a Hydor Flo unit. Michael's drilled a hole in the plastic that separates the display from the back. The MJ900 will be in the back and connected to the Hydor. This will keep the display nice and clean, with no pumps visible. Depending on how the flow works out, with this set up, we may add a 3rd MJ900. It would also be in the back portion and 1/2" black hose would be routed to the front left of the display and locline with a Y would be used.

We're still "up in the air" on which skimmer to use, if any. For now, we'll go skimmerless and do larger water changes, more often, to make up for the lack of skimmer. The "slots" in the back might also be modified to make a true surface skimmer. That hasn't been finalized yet either.

So, here's some pics.
Here's Madison showing off the stand. Wow her shirt's dirty. Remind me not to let her eat Cheetos before pictures.
3370008813_47e610bcc6_b.jpg

She helped Dad put the stand together.
3370009143_601e4e8467_b.jpg

I'm getting excited!!
3370010771_f4befd7952_b.jpg

Now a bit nervous.....:shock::shock::shock:
3370011211_2c945a48a4_b.jpg

First step to Mod complete.....
3370011439_e3da601111_b.jpg

WooHoo...we got sand!!
3370833728_84336004d1_b.jpg

More updates to come.....

Last edited:
Boy you better not touch that with out her or you will be "sleeping with the fishes" LOL
You got your work cut out for you...

Michael is right! He even asked me when we talked on my break today if he could put rock in the Nano. You all can guess what the answer on that was....LOL. We'll be working on this tonight and hope to get the rock and water in it....Finally!!! So stay tuned....

Well, we have rock and water in the Nano!!! WooHoo!! I can't wait to get some corals in there!! Oh wait, I need a light for that though....lol. Also still waiting on 2 MJ900's and a heater. Here's some updated pics!!

Tank with Rock and Sand!!
3371220503_1ddd9b2ba0_b.jpg

Here's Michael adding water without trying to stir up the sand.
3372040280_dd06096727_b.jpg

And here it is full of water!!
3372040472_dffcb6d931_b.jpg

Hopefully my light for this Nano will be in this next week. I'm so excited!!

It works good!! Michael actually used a lid to a smaller bucket and it worked out great! I think we might add some more rock to the tank, but haven't decided yet. I want to wait to get the light and see how much the 150W MH puts out. I decided to go with more holier rock for corals and frag plugs. There is a nice size rock in out tote that I will probably be adding to the tank, but it already has some Zoanthids on it. So stay tuned!!!

Ok so I got a huge suprise this evening when I got off work!! My Light finally came in!! I was so happy!! I was told we were going to get some Zoanthids from Barbie and out she brings a big box with my new light in it....WOOHOO! So we put it on the tank and turned it on. It looks AMAZING!! Here's a couple pics of it. Enjoy!!

3384094724_fc6ce42fb7_b.jpg

3383280725_147ffa2c1a_b.jpg

Now I just need some corals to go in it....Hopefully in a week or so.

Last edited:
Back