My new pride and joy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1fishkeeper

Keeper of the algae
Well I just got a new blue gigantea today. I have to say wow this thing is really neat. I got it right from a wholesaler who never even opened it up at his place. So I would have to say from sea to tank in less than 48 hours. I plan on keeping this as a log on its care good or bad. Its a good sized I would have to guess its close to 9" from one side to the other. I cant wait to see how big it really gets once it get settled in. But I guess on with the pictures. They were taken with in just a couple of mins after it was placed in my tank. I did do a drip on it for close to 3 hours to get it use to my tank. Please enjoy and let me know what you think about it.
003-23.jpg

The mouth is a little open but Im not worried about it right now from stress of moving.
004-18.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff13/1fishkeeper/005-11.jpg
And here it is a couple of hours later. It looks like its getting use to its new home.
006-12.jpg

007-9.jpg

Well share your thoughts on it. I know my pictures suck but its the best I could do with my small point and shoot.

Last edited:
What exactly is it? A carpet anemone? It is pretty freakin cool looking! Nice blue color.

Doesnt look like its doing well in your tank you should come put it in my tank :D

LOL just kidding looks awesome i want one so bad

Congrats

Im looking at it right now and I would have to say 12". And really filling in for only being in my tank for only 6 hours.

Here is a newer picture of it now.
010-4.jpg

A full tank shot of my 90 gallon so you can really see the size of it.
009-5.jpg

Well if anyone else is looking for one the guy that I got mine from at http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/sho....html?osCsid=64296e11dd7296e2f80579b5bf11e9f5 just told me that he got 3 more in today and they look even larger than the one that I got. And the price you cant say anything thing bad about it. I belive that they are also going for $125 each plus shipping. I had mine shipped by airport dash and it worked out great. It might say that they are sold out but email him and he has them in stock or can get it for you if he is out. I had to only wait about 3 days. I know that it says that its a haddoni but I told him that I was wanting a gig and he pulled through for me.

Last edited:
very nice. if i ever setup another tank this is the anemone i would like to own. thanks for sharing.

very pretty... I don't have the guts to put one in my tank yet. worried it would go for a wander.

watch out for the nuclear green palys,it might sting it...nice gigantea:)i had once a blue carpet anemone(haddoni)...i bet yours will expand more once it gets really happy in your tank...:)

Yeah I ended up having to move the nuke greens and my clam today. I would have to say that it has expanded to over 14" today. This thing is a monster.

The ubiquitous clown-hosting shot. I love it! That thing looks like a fish eater!! It's huge!

Back