my new Schuran Jetstream 1 Calcium Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mattseattle

After being on a waiting list for a few months I received my Schuran calcium reactor today. It's replacing a small reactor that I've had for some time.

All I can say about the Schuran is WOW! The craftmanship is beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice but I'll share anyway! I've only unpacked it and haven't had a chance to actually get it up and running. I'll probably do that this weekend.

Complete Unit:
sj1wholeunit.jpg

Closeup of the Gas/Water seperator:
gasexchange.jpg

Bubble counter:
bubblecounter.jpg

Bottom of Media chamber:
filter.jpg

It uses large media:
media.jpg

Great Matt! Let us know how the set-up goes and how you like the unit! Ummm....does it come with a remote or is that for size reference? :)

hehe...only for size reference. unit is quite a bit larger than i thought it was going to be but it's still a beautiful piece of work.

Matt - That thing is quite pretty looking...does it actually remain connected to that back white board? I'm interested to see how it works out for you, so please keep us posted.

-Eliyah

hey Eliyah,

yeah, it comes pre-mounted on the board and it stays mounted to that. the board does come with 4 holes so you can mount it where ever you want. i'm just going to leave it outside of my stand since i think it's a piece of art! :) i've read amazing reviews on this reactor so i'm anxious to get it up and running. i need to get a few more parts before i can get it up and running fully.

i'll keep everyone up to date on how it's working.

Matt,
What kind of pump is hooked up there...a MAG, and is that a remote control for the unit? :shock:

-Eliyah

it's a standard Eheim 1250 which is rated at 317 gph.

I'm really impressed with the craftsmanship of it. They even installed a a valve so you can drain the entire unit. Funny how the smallest things like that impress you. I also like the rather large bubble counter.

and the TiVo remote control is for size comparison. :) I couldn't find a coke or beer can.

Back