My new skimmer!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yep your covered there!
This thing is rated at 315g HEAVY STOCKED so I think i'm good!
I'm gonna run it with the needle wheels first and leave mesh off wheels for now.

The mesh wheel kicks the butt off the needle wheel. I tried both and there was NO comparison between the two. Mesh all the way baby!

Congrats!! The SWC skimmer looks nice!! I just got my Xtreme Cone 250 ASOR and will be getting the Xtreme 300 to run together when I set them up. I, too, am taking my time purchasing items for my "dream" tank.

what kinda fish you plan on having in your 120?
one yelow tang
one sailfin tang(maybe)
one purple tang
maderin goby
two clown gobies
two clowns
two PJ cardinals
shrimp goby and shrimp
diomond goby
two leopard wrasse
6 anthias
copper banded
(maybe) flame angel (might eat corals)
red hawk fish
two fire fish

two cleaners shrimp
two peppermint shrimp

2-3 clams
lots of corals

WOW, you really shot the wad on that one.
Time to get busy selling fragging plugs!!!! (and some electrical work)
LOL
I know
the lights and stuff ran me a cool $1000
and the tank was $1050
plumbing was about $250

gotta get this all together

man thats some fancy stuff, and im just going to go with the swc 200 for right now :) cant wait to get back and see this thing in person.

I think it might strip the water of all the goodies I put in though??:confused:
I think I'll have to wait:(
Many have multiple tanks to the same sump. They dont really take everything at once (would be awesome if something beside water change did this), they do a little bit at a time non-stop. If concerned about food, turn the skimmer off during the short feeding cycle.

Many have multiple tanks to the same sump. They dont really take everything at once (would be awesome if something beside water change did this), they do a little bit at a time non-stop. If concerned about food, turn the skimmer off during the short feeding cycle.
I'm not concerned about food
I'm concerned about the additives I add or am I just stressing over nothing??

I would put Crystal on the couch and sleep with the skimmer If I wouldn't get wet LOL.
I LOVE this thing! It's sooo quiet for two pumps!

yes thats our bed.there is no room any where else so he put it next to the bed . who knows i may be able to sleep at night better. lol

250 with two pumps!
smashed in there with 50 lbs of rock!that tank is 24"x24"x12" tall

It will only take a couple of days for it to break in. I have the 200 and i thought it would take about a week but it started making nasty stuff the 2nd day!

Back