my new Stichodactyla gigantea

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chrisdaphish

picked this guy up tuesday .. finally learned to put pictures up.. heres a photo!

oops sorry! lets try again...

Picture_0032.jpg

i appreciate it elmo=) first week.. still looking okay...i hope the luck continues.. eeveryoen else out there feel free to pray for me too=)

Elmo18 said:
Goodluck....

I will pray for you.

Best,
Ilham

My new Stichodactyla gigantea

Wow very nice picture Chris can you pass on the size of your tank, What kind of lighting you have, How long you tank has been up, and what kind of clowns & other fish do you have in your tank? I really like the Picture and have wanted one of the guys just been to scared to get one I would like to tag along this thread of yours to learn more about it and how it work out.. Best of luck ..Jeff

hi.. honsetly i dont know everything there is to this anemone yet either=P proboablly bad=/ my tank is a 40 gallon with about 35 lbs of rock and about 3 2-3 inchs of sand at the bottom im runnign an aquacremora and 2-175 watt hallides i have nothing else in this tank no fish i will try to keep this thread updated... and post my problems here too so u guys can help me out..=)

The Apprentice said:
Wow very nice picture Chris can you pass on the size of your tank, What kind of lighting you have, How long you tank has been up, and what kind of clowns & other fish do you have in your tank? I really like the Picture and have wanted one of the guys just been to scared to get one I would like to tag along this thread of yours to learn more about it and how it work out.. Best of luck ..Jeff

2-175 watt hallides good light for the tank

How far down is the Anemone from the Lights Chris? I have a aqua c remora
and I am very happy with how mine preforms. Now with this Being a Atlantic Carpet are you going to get some Periclimenes shrimp. for it or leave it empty?
Again I didn't catch how old this tank is..I hope it work out well for you..Jeff

chrisdaphish said:
hi.. honsetly i dont know everything there is to this anemone yet either=P proboablly bad=/ my tank is a 40 gallon with about 35 lbs of rock and about 3 2-3 inchs of sand at the bottom im runnign an aquacremora and 2-175 watt hallides i have nothing else in this tank no fish i will try to keep this thread updated... and post my problems here too so u guys can help me out..=)

The Apprentice said:
How far down is the Anemone from the Lights Chris? I have a aqua c remora
and I am very happy with how mine preforms. Now with this Being a Atlantic Carpet are you going to get some Periclimenes shrimp. for it or leave it empty?
Again I didn't catch how old this tank is..I hope it work out well for you..Jeff

Just curious,, what make you saythat its an Stichodactyas helianthus (atlantic carpet) and not an S gigantea?

Good catch Ron

I am not sure about this Ron As I am not a expert on anemone's But in what books I have at home none say that the S gigantea is a Pink or light purple in color I have seen them all refer to them as Green ???
I have read that the Stichodactyas helianthus is green and the Stichodactyas haddoni in Green and or can be pink so?? Just I am not quite sure but willing to learn.:) Have you seen or read anywere S gigantea in a Pink color?

Rod Buehler said:
Just curious,, what make you saythat its an Stichodactyas helianthus (atlantic carpet) and not an S gigantea?

Nice looking anenome, hope it works out for you :)

Sounds like someone has been doing their homework,the apprentice seems to know a little more than he is giving himself credit for ;)

Thanks Mike for the Kind words

My Key word is Hobbiest Not scientiest:p

KRMNAL1 said:
Nice looking anenome, hope it works out for you :)

Sounds like someone has been doing their homework,the apprentice seems to know a little more than he is giving himself credit for ;)

That is a S. gigantea.....no doubt.

Just look at the tentacles.

How is it doing?

Best,
ilham

Back