Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18 said:
That is a S. gigantea.....no doubt.

Just look at the tentacles.

How is it doing?

Best,
ilham

Yes, I agree. The purple verrecue (spelling?) is a good sign that it is a gigantea.
I have 2 giganteas. One of them is very purple that I have had for a little over a year, and my brown gigantea, I have had for 13+ years.

Here is the old male gigantea.
DSCN0868.jpg

And the purple

DSCN1990.jpg

And if you wantto see more of the clowns and their eggs/babbies..

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=833027&perpage=25&pagenumber=6

Very nice anemone! Keep us updated on how it does!

Rod - I remember seeing your brown gigantica in person - It was awesome!

well we have a problem=/ the foot appears tobeonly partially attached?!LKHAGASDLGKH and the anemone seems a little deflated.. its been like that ever sincethe day after i fed it..... the foot is really worrying me.... the anemone is still sticky adn the mouth is still closed so those are postivie signs.. my water params seemed incheck.. but i did a 15 percent water chagne anywyas..keep prayingadlkshgsa;ldgh;lkasd... wut color would a torn foot be? im kinda worried=/*sigh... atleast prom was fun! but i came home to a sad anemone=/

WELL! today its doing better! in my last post i reported that hte foot of hte anemone was partialy detached.. making me worry like crazy.. anyways the two conclusoins i came up with were one that it was going ot die becuase of damage to the foot.. or two that it was trying to move... anwaysy today i came home from school.. and hte foot was completely attached again=)i believe its tryihng to move since it reattached it a litlte higher on the rock.. well im not 100 percent sure.. i cant find much reading on how anemones acutally move.. but that what i hope.. anyways the anemone look sliek its doing good.. foot is reattached nad the mouth is still pretty much closed.. its still a little deflated it seems like.. seems only 75 percent hte size it was when i first got it.. but im very relieved=) keep praying;)

Can you take a pic of the mouth, and the foot? And one of the entire anemone from the front.

Best,
Ilham

i acutlaly cant findd thecamera.. and i dont konw how to post them or wutever.. the one that i posted on the first page of the thread was done by josh.. haha maybe if he comes over to my house again we can post anotherone... im pretty comptuer retarded... and i dont know wher emy dad put hte camera=/

elmo do u know what other things i should be looking for in particular to make sure its doing okay?

chrisdaphish said:
elmo do u know what other things i should be looking for in particular to make sure its doing okay?

Feeding response. Do the tentacles react fast? Does it seem to "vibrate"?

Best,
Ilham

Well... the tentacles are definately still sticky.. very sticky right away.. however they dont seem to "vibrate" as well.. a little but not as well as before... as for actually feeding.. i havent tried it since about 5 days ago.. when the whole disaster started...

well sadly=(... this will problably be the last update.... ibelieve i couldnt keep it alive=/ im pretty sure its dead.. not responsive or anything... sigh.. depressing..im not sure.. it still deflates at night and inflates under the light.. but other than that=/ its a goner.. mouth is not closed either... going backcto the drawing board...

If its not mush, its not dead. What kind of lighting do you have? and more importantley, how is the water flow?

i have a sieo 820 and a maxi 1200 in the 40.... however hte anemone is in an area of lower flow.. should i be trying to give it more? initially i thought it was getting too much as it was almost looking like it was getting blown over... should i try to direct the flow more into that area? lighting i have 2x175 watts over the tank.

i had one EXACTLY like yours and it was georgous! yours looks great! hope its still doing ok. let it move itself as long as it is attached. mine liked whole shrimp and inflated and deflated daily-which is normal. make sure your ph and alk and calcium/magnesium are right and if you are using a supplement or additive that contains iodine stop. what temp is the tank-at least 80? dont use "Reef Vital DNA" if you want it to live!

Back