My Poor Car

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

want outragious insurance rates...come to jersey..we have more cars per capita than any other state! many insurance companies wont even come into the state. it is the auto accident/ insurance fraud capital of the USA. it really rots when im 40yrs old, no accidents and i pay $1000 per yr on liability only insurance for a 12yr old car!

Ya that was what I was getting at, I am in the same boat. I am hoping that they never stick me @ Maguire AFB. It is more likely that I will end up in Hawaii, or Alaska in the not too distant future because we are rapidly expanding the C-17a airframe as it is replacing the worn out 141, and in some cases 130's. So there are a lot of bases opening up, and they like taking a big chunk of our people here at McChord and standing up the new wings. I am kinda hoping to stay where I am at since its a great area w/ lots of local reefers :D

Well Next time I roll thru there Witt, I will have to let you know first.

i could, its a matter of there being an opening for promotion. if you promote the gov pays for the move, if a lateral,,,i would have to pay. ill wait to promote:D

I was driving down George Washington way yesterday and these two teenage girls turned in in front of me without looking. I had to swerve to miss them. I honked my horn and they never even looked. It could have been worse. I was very PO'd

You all should be even more PO'd when I tell you this (at least WA residents). You know that you are supposed to only be able to get insurance if you actually have a drivers license. In WA people can get their licenses suspended for a variety of reasons, ie fail to pay a ticket, DUI, fail to pay child support, financial responsibilityec ect ect. A person caught driving suspended can be arrested and their car impounded. And guess what? there are tons of theses people out there and we hunt them down all the time. They don't/can't have insurance either.....Ok anyway, a couple months ago our (WA) illustrious superior court decided that people with suspended drivers licenses can no longer be arrested, at least for 3rd and 2nd degree. So now when we find them all we can do is "encourage" them not to drive...This only makes it worse for the rest of the motoring public, because the SC took away our teeth to help you all out.....just my rant

snobanker said:
You all should be even more PO'd when I tell you this (at least WA residents). You know that you are supposed to only be able to get insurance if you actually have a drivers license. In WA people can get their licenses suspended for a variety of reasons, ie fail to pay a ticket, DUI, fail to pay child support, financial responsibilityec ect ect. A person caught driving suspended can be arrested and their car impounded. And guess what? there are tons of theses people out there and we hunt them down all the time. They don't/can't have insurance either.....Ok anyway, a couple months ago our (WA) illustrious superior court decided that people with suspended drivers licenses can no longer be arrested, at least for 3rd and 2nd degree. So now when we find them all we can do is "encourage" them not to drive...This only makes it worse for the rest of the motoring public, because the SC took away our teeth to help you all out.....just my rant

You sound like someone who is in a position to do something about it. Are you a police officer? I know how you feel. I am in HR and it bugs me when a company changes policies to help employees out but then you have the ones who play the system and don't follow the rules meant to help them.

Yes I am a police officer...hope that's ok :rolleyes: I wish I could do something about it, unfortunatly we live in a state where judges "legistlate" from the bench. Every time one of them makes a bone head decision it becomes case law and affects the way we do business. We have some case law and rights which protect us all as individuals, but sometimes it also ties our hands and criminals get to run around breaking the law and affecting all the hard working people in the world......another rant ;) At least I never saw a reef tank at any criminals houses :lol:

hey Sno, glad to have another Badge around. never had a reef tank need rescuing. but when i had a store i had friends on the force and they always called me to come and get the stranger pets most criminals have....the number of monitor lizards, snakes of all kinds, birds, tarantulas and scorpions i went out and took possesionof due to the owner not being able to care for them for the next 3-5 yrs..lol,,,and now i care the the criminal and not there pets, life is a circle!

Lol, witfull. I have a feeling the pets were just a little less animal-like than your current "guests".... :D

Sorry about your car. I want to say a quick thanks to all the police and military men and women here. We really appreciate what you do for us. Steve

wrightme43 said:
Sorry about your car. I want to say a quick thanks to all the police and military men and women here. We really appreciate what you do for us. Steve

Here, here. I too wish to thank all uniformed services for all they do. Being an ex-Army guy who served in Desert Storm you guys took it up a notch to make the world safe for all.

Last edited:
Back