My random picture thread (NOT 56K friendly)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

He sure is a lazy fish:

IMG_5301.jpg

I have really been enjoying the XT, I'm sure the XTi is just as good of a camera. I am looking to upgrade though to maybe the 30D (5D if I'm lucky, we'll see) since I want something that is going to be a little more durable. I have some vacations planned and will be doing extensive travel and want the magnesium body and higher ISO performance. The XT feels good in my hands but is a little on the small side, I quickly got used to it though. And every picture I post is processed in photoshop. I adjust the levels, do color correction, sharpening if needed (the 100mm is a razor sharp lens), crop, and a few other tricks. Thanks for the comments everyone!

maybe i missed it but what brand 100mm are you using?
i too am planning long travels and wanted a decent DSLR for it.
i LOVE the feel of a 30 or 20D in my hands.... nothing beats it... i might just have to splurge.

a 5D would be a dream, haha ... let me know if you know of any good spots to pick up any camera mentioned above.

. I adjust the levels, do color correction,

LOL thats like 40 million diff. things right there.
:razz:

I will actually get my next camera from Costco just because of their return policy, you can return anything anytime. I can get a 30D/5D and then return it to upgrade when I want. I used my last Kodak camera for nine months before I returned it and got my XT :) Oh, the 100mm F/2.8 is the Canon version.

I had a Kodak DX7590. It was an ok camera for point and shoot but didn't have RAW which I consider a necessity. Here are some new ones:

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

Last edited:
I generally use ISO 100, F/8-16'ish, and a shutter of 1/4 to 5 seconds depending on light (I use aperture priority).

And this one is probably the strangest picture I have ever taken, it's my monti cap through an air bubble coming up from the LR.

IMG_5580.jpg

Hey Blazer, that last picture of the monti is freaking sweet! its wierd but very cool! Nice yumas of course;).

My guess is... It's a ball bearing on Mars.

Those are some friggen sweet shots

Somehow I don't think it would pay the same, lol. It's a great side hobby though. I have been working with multiple companies now to sell them images for marketing/packaging stuff, so I'm getting a little something back. All of which of course goes into new camera gear :D

Back