My Reef Creations MR-2 Protein Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I bought a bunch of them but havent got to use one yet:(

but I am ordering a big enuf pump and getting a new sump from Ilham so hopefully early next week I will use it. I have heard nothing but good things about these skimmers. But if you hold on for a week or so I will let you know personal experiance!

go to their own website www.myreefcreations.com they have a video of one in use... if you want one let me know I may have a extra MR-2 I would have to look in my garage to see what models I have in there. and all mine have the quick release neck.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of them but havent got to use one yet:(

but I am ordering a big enuf pump and getting a new sump from Ilham so hopefully early next week I will use it. I have heard nothing but good things about these skimmers. But if you hold on for a week or so I will let you know personal experiance!

go to their own website www.myreefcreations.com they have a video of one in use... if you want one let me know I may have a extra MR-2 I would have to look in my garage to see what models I have in there. and all mine have the quick release neck.

Thank you Larry,
I would like to have one let me know?:D

i've used a bunch of them, the old ones were kinda iffy, but the new ones rock!!
but i definately prefer needle wheel skimmers to beckett skimmers to be sure!! way less watts, more stable/efficient, easier to maintain, imo.

I am running an MR-2 single injector, non-recirculating skimmer on my 180g. I run it wet and empty the 2g bucket weekly. I am a Beckett Man. I have tried the NW's and I just prefer the Beckett's. I like the fact that my ping-pong ball collection jug will turn the sskimmer off when/if it fills up. Unless I am mistaken, the NW's can't do that. Or can they?!? I am also running an MRC CR2 calcium reactor.

well, when comparing nw and becketts, first i think it is important to compare skimmers that process the same amount of air suction per hour, also admittantly, trying to compare them to each other is a little like comparing apples and oranges. they are completely different beasts that pretty much work opposite of each other in their skimming methods, one processes massive amounts of air and water per hour to make up for the lack of dwell time caused by increased water speed and turbulence, while the other processes very little amounts of water but injects massive amounts of smaller bubbles that move slower and dwell longer in the skimmer.

Predator skimmer

Can anyone help me install a predator PDSF IS skimmer. I just bought one used from a guy who had never hooked it up and didn't know how to. He also didn't have the manual. Any help would be appreciated.

well I finnaly got water in the 180 and fired up the mr-2.... whoa boy what a skimming machine! we will see how long it takes for the injectors to clog up. I am planning to clean regularly but I get lazy... the skimmer was easy to dial in just a turn of the knob and wham perfect skim. very impressed so far!

Back