my reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looks great! Is the shadow from the brace really as noticable as is is in the picture? Nice aquascaping. That ten gallon will be looking great in no time.

no the shadow is not as noticable as it looks but i think i will be getting a second pendent so that i can hang one on each side of the brace and mabye get rid of the shadow.

I hope that algae is on the outside of the tank in a refugium on that 10 gallon :). You are going to get sick of prunning that back once it gets growing. It's nothing but a nussiance in a smaller tank if that size. Trust me, I've been there, tried that and it drove me crazy. Good luck,
Bobby

If you take a piece of 1/4" Acrylic and bolt it down on top of the old brace, you can then cut the old brace off and then you will not have that shadow problem anymore. This will also provide plenty of support for your tank. And by the way, your tank look great :)

Nice spacing of corals there!

They will surely grow and I like how you have spaced them out so they can do just that :)

- Elmo

charlie the 46 is only about 5 months old but more than half of it came out of my 29 i tore down when i got this one. i wasnt going to upgrade but petco had this tank and stand on clearence for $160.00 and i couldnt pass it up.
thanks for the acrylic idea, i need to do something. it kills me to have to look at a big black strip in my tank.

Looks great Flip congrates, both tanks. I second that motion on getting that foul weed out of the main tank, I had the same kind and it was the scorge of my tank for years.

Mike

Hi Trevor :)
Nice tank! It's really looking good.

Measure up the brace and I will see if I can get Brent to bring one in. I'm sure he has a scap piece that will work. There were 3 boxes of scrap pieces last time I saw.

Regards,
Kevin

I hope JLehigh will not mind, but I stole this pic from him. This is just before he cut the old brace out, you can see how he used nylon bolts to hold the new brace in place.
new_brace.jpg

thank you all for your advice, i cant wait to get a piece of acrylic and get rid of that stupid shadow!

Back