My Shallow Reef.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ditchplains2

Reefkeeper/Waterman
Hi guys, I wanted to post a few pics of my tank and see what everyone thinks. I hope everyone had a really good New Year, my wife and I had a baby girl on Dec 7th, so we've been consumed with all the new parent things and no sleep. :lol:

Here's one pic of the new setup:
100_0630.JPG

100_0631.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

I have been out of the hobby for nearly a year, my original tank was doing very well, then a freak power outtage and heatwave last summer caused a meltdown, and so now I'm back.

here's the old setup precrash:

100_0405.JPG

100_0404.JPG

I'm hoping to get to back to where I was and move beyond, so wish me luck. Ok have good night everyone!

cheers
David:D

Thats a nice tank man!!! I wish we could have reef tanks here....keep the photos coming and congrats on the new arrival....Aloha!!!

Thanks everyone so much, for all the well wishes, yea she is our world right now.

Reefferman
It's been a daunting task balancing things out, I try to give my wife and child the majority of my time when I come home from work and weekends, I do get a little time now and again to work on things.

Here's a little bit of info on my tank. It's from Glasscages. The stand is oak and from their company as well, it took me 2 months of weekends to stain and spar, and epoxy the stand.

Here's some upclose shots of the wood and stain:

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Here's a few of my rocks curing. I cured them for 3 months:

DSC_0019-1.JPG

DSC_0037-1.JPG

Ok enough pictures for now, off to work, will post more later this evening.

cheers!
David

I would love to have a shallow reef setup. I will be following for sure. Congrats on the new family member!!!

Back