My Solana its nice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hank187

hank the tank
Solana 34 it has been running for a few months. I will put a list of inhabitants and corals up in a few days along with pics. I've been a member reef frontiers for while, I had a larger tank it it was a 120 aga with corner overflows and I had to sell a year ago. Now im back with the small but mighty nano. I have to say I love this little tank.

Last edited:
for lighting I have a 150 sunpod I have a auto top off and two Koralia 2 and about 20 lbs of live rock

welcome to the solana club. do you miss having the more real estate in the larger tank. I'm already running out of places for corals (i've had my solana up for 4 months now).

Solana 34 it has been running for a few months. I will put a list of inhabitants and corals up in a few days along with pics. I've been a member reef frontiers for while, I had a larger tank it it was a 120 aga with corner overflows and I had to sell a year ago. Now im back with the small but mighty nano. I have to say I love this little tank.

welcome to the solana club. do you miss having the more real estate in the larger tank. I'm already running out of places for corals (i've had my solana up for 4 months now).

I do miss having more room, but this is a tighter looking set up. My 125 was thrown together It was my first tank build so it looked hokey. not having the money to do it right and forcing it to work but it was a lot of fun and I miss the lager fish. thank you for the welcome jgavin, and to every one else reading and looking and asking questions.

Since Hank hasn't updated this thread, in almost a year, and since I was over there yesterday, helping him celebrate his graduation from ITT, I decided to take some pics of his tank. His tank has undergone a completely transformation, recently, which I'll let him explain. Since he hasn't updated in awhile, I'll step out my back door and yell at him, to get on here and update. I won't have to yell very loud, as he's only 3 houses away.

Here's Hank, in person. See, he's not as ugly as his avatar!

5825885184_1ed02bc1cd_b.jpg

5825882640_85f88ccb7b_b.jpg

5825344625_196444c082_b.jpg

5825888232_525cc174f3_b.jpg

5825892242_9d0cf04837_b.jpg

5825897308_cca6ed1f8e_b.jpg

5825341923_68c4509e62_b.jpg

5825342447_8852efc51f_b.jpg

5825880578_febd020e53_b.jpg

lol thanks mike! and he didnt yell at us he text messaged me! This is my tank there are no fish in here because i can keep coral alive. :) as you can tell we have a few corals and with mikes help we have two more to put in there. Thank you mike for the graduation present and for being a great friend! I dont know what else to write so there it is and have a great day!

It looks good, but it may help to add a little more live rock. Do you have a protien skimmer, if not the slim skim nano would be realy good for your tank. hope every thing goes well.

Back