My sump in action!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bosco83

I got my sump in the other day that I was fixing up It's 50 gallons with my new SWC 180 cone skimmer. Just thought you guys might like to see how it turned out after my other post about the brace. Now I just need to get some macro algae in there I have some kind of plant that was growing in my main tank in the sump now but that is all.

Brian

001-6.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a puddle starting to form there on the floor, Just kidding, the sump looks great. It doesn't even look like that bowed out tank you had before.

Looks great.
But I do have to say something about those containers on the brace.
You know where they are going to end up one day........

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll be careful not to drop them in I'm probably going to make a top out of egg crate to set stuff on since this thing takes up all the room under my stand.

Skimmer looks like it is nice and cozy. I wish mine fit in there like that. I had to use a prybar in order to get it into my sump. Everything looks really nice. Hope you got that brace on there really good.

You know it.
That stuff always gets knocked over by some big elbow or head fooling around with some power cord or something in the back.

Hay that really looks nice.
Good job of putting that together.
I never thought of using the egg crate like that in the sump, I should do something like that.

Skimmer looks like it is nice and cozy. I wish mine fit in there like that. I had to use a prybar in order to get it into my sump. Everything looks really nice. Hope you got that brace on there really good.

Oh it was a really tight fit I was almost worried I wouldn't get it in there lol. I had to take apart the pipes on the side and put it back together in the sump.

Nice job and looks great. I ditto the knocking stuff over. Better to make room for that type of stuff else where in the house.

Hey Jeff thanks for the offer I might have to take you up on that. I'm gone this weekend but I will get in touch with you in the next week or so.

Brian

Back