Name that creature!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
I noticed today that I have a few black/white legs sticking out of one of my rocks. It appears that it could be a star, but I'm really not to sure. Anybody know what it might be that I'm seeing. Also if you have a picture of the possibilities that would be cool. Also are they a good or bad thing for my reef. If I can get a pic I will post it.

Jason

Also are they a good or bad thing for my reef. If I can get a pic I will post it.

That may help a bit. Other than that, I'm not sure...But with a picture, I probably still wouldn't know though...:doubt: I suck! :D Hope it is something cool though and won't cause you any problems. Best of luck to ya!:)

I also agree on the mini brittle star. Here is a picture of one crawling on the rocks, as opposed to sticking its legs out:

Microbrittlestar.jpg

If the legs/arms are uniform in diamater and do not tapper like a typical star, it could also be a cirratulid polychaete.

Cheers
Steve

I still cannot get a photo of them, since they are so small and only able to see just a small section of leg's, or arm's. I will keep trying to get photos.

Jason

More info

steve-s said:
If the legs/arms are uniform in diamater and do not tapper like a typical star, it could also be a cirratulid polychaete.

Cheers
Steve

I'm not familiar with these. So you elaborate.

Jason

Back