Nano Lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dieden

Exocoetidae
I am looking for LED lightng options for a nano tank (5 gal, 10X12X10h). I have seen some decent 12 inch light fixtures online, but all with a price tag of around $100+. What are my DIY options on an LED fixture. I would like to mix both blue and white LED's for a less washed out look.

What wattage would I be looking for?

Are some LED's better than other?

How many individual LED's would I need?

Any recomendations on a good controller?

And last but not least, any really good/inexpensive suppliers?

Yeah man. There is a screw in bulb one that is not to bad in price. but it is geared for plants.
If you look at the cost none of them are really that bad considering you will not have to change them out for years lie other methods.

Look at nano. Tuners dot com they have kits for everything but it's a fairly new released technology to the reefing community so it's. Not gonna be cheap.

I am thinking of getting some LuxDrive endorstar's with a mixture of cool whites and royal blues...

Any suggestions on the quantity, lense angles, and a decent dimmable driver???

Also, I am guessing a staggered pattern depending on the total number of LED's

Maybe something like

W RB W RB
W RB W
RB W RB W

Finally got the kit in, now I just need to get a solder kit.
05946d3f.jpg

98cbed9d.jpg

Anyone know how to wire a mean well driver to six led's? Got them bonded to the heatsink, but I won't be soldering for a few days.

9ac0ce80.jpg

Nope, no wiring diagram, but youtube is a life saver. I'm pretty sure I will have to upgrade to a different driver to do that, the LPC-35-700 driver isn't compatible with dimmers without molding that is way above my head.

Yea be careful when playing with these power supplies trying to undervoltage it may be harmful if not done right.

I was just worried about it being full blast on the corals. I wouldn't mod this driver to be dimmable, but would buy a different driver if needed. It would be an easy swap out if that's what I decided to do.

Back