Nano Lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I wouldn't worry about the lights overpowering the corals. 6 LED's isnt really much. My dad has 18(9w/9b) over his nano on dimmable meanwell drivers, running at 650ma for the array.

Noob_reefer_206 yes it is the RapidLED set, but the heatsink is extra. If you look into getting a set, make sure and research wiring diagrams because they don't send any paperwork with it.

Thanks for the info king_Neptune and scooterman, makin me feel alot better about grabbing this kit.

Okay, big problem... I had one of the glass domes from my Cree LED fall off during transit!!!

2ffbff89.jpg

It is already bonded to the heatsink, and I need to know how to remove it so that I can install a replacement.

6 cree LEDs over a small cube like that all running at 100% is more of a coral bleaching apparatus than a reef tank... I have 3 blue and 3 white XR-E crees over my 9" cube and run my whites at 33% and my royal blues at 50% and can do acros and clams down to the sandbed and have to start new additions down low around the edges even if they came from 250+ watt MH tanks.

I highly suggest either finding a way to dim them or keep them at least 8" off the water, it may only be a couple LEDs but its also only over a couple gallons.

Also don't worry about the lens, you can reattach with some clear silicone but one of mine has been missing for months now and I can't tell the difference in light spread or intensity.

Back