Nate's 75g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rocket

Tahoma
Hello All,
I've been reading on this forum for a while now and I always enjoy looking at pictures of your tanks, so I thought I would try post a few of my own.
I look forward to all your comments and suggestions.

Here are some of the tank specifics:
75 gallon
65lbs LR
3+" Argonite sand
Remora skimmer with prefilter box
3 - Maxijet 1200 PH
Current Dual 48" 260W total

I started it the last week in August and the week after I filled this tank with salt water I ended up in the hospital for a week and I'm still recovering. But it has given me something to look at and fret about while lying around.

Its simple, but its a start. Im hoping to add a 30g sump soon, as well as some fish! Ill add some more up-to-date pictures soon.
Thanks for looking!
Nate

Looking great so far!!! Thanks for the pics and sorry to hear you were in the hospital...I hope you get well and recover soon!:)

its looking good, thanks for sharing dood !! :) .
I'm with Krish on this one ... i hope you recover very soon dood .

looks good Nate....what is the algae clip for??? are you going to add a tang??

Good eye Ron,
Yeah I actually did add a kole tang. But unfortunately he got sick and died with in a couple days. He was crazy busy eating algae off the back glass and the next day he was rolling around on the sand with what looked like a coat of slime on him. Needless to say, I now have a QT tank running and the main tank is sitting fallow, still have a few weeks to go. :(
Id like to get another Kole or maybe a Indian Mimic when the tank is healthy again.

i have an eye for tangs!!! sounds like it could have been velvet...i used to not qt anything, and never had a problem..my fish had ich, but they survived without being treated...then i added a hippo...that was my first loss to ich..i didn't know much about hippo's then, but i had heard that they were ich magnets...after it died, i took everything out and started qt'ing everything

Yeah, I felt horrible! I couldn't believe I killed a living thing! So now I will quarantine everything. I would love to have a hippo, but We don't have room for a bigger tank. That was one of the fish that got our family into saltwater, so we were a little disappointed to learn that they need 100g or larger. Maybe someday eh?

Rocket,

Good looking start! :) Have you tested your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels lately... to ensure your tank has finished cycling? Since it has been up for about two months now, I would "assume" that the innitial cycle is completed (especially with the diatom bloom, that is usually the 2nd stage of maturing in our tanks), but thought I would ask just the same.

I hope both your health, and your tanks health continue getting better! :D

Coming along nicley! Don't worry you'll add fish before you know it and you'll be glad you waited.;)

Back