Nate's 75g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

New Additions

I attended the Spokane Reef meeting last night and return of sid was kind enough to give me a couple frags, Thanks!
Also thanks to DUIdiver for hosting and giving me a nice little leather frag!

What no pics of the Candy Cane?? LOL...Although lately, I don't get all the pics people post. I know those Kenya Tree frags are wee lil' but they'll grow fast. Hows your Finger Leather doing that DUIDiver gave you? Mine was fully expanded today. Looks great!! Nice meeting you at the meeting!!

Hey Sid, so you didn't see the first pic, its the one of the Candy Cane. Its all puffed up!
The Leather looks like its doing OK, I saw a few "nubs" poking out through out the day. Should I put that higher in the tank? Its on the sand now...

Here is my new RBTA. As expected it walked about a short distance when first put into the tank, then it found this rock and hasn't moved since. So far it seems to like formula 1 and mysis shrimp. The clowns don't care its there, hopefully someday they'll host...:rolleyes:

Here are some pics of the sump I installed last weekend. Things are settling in, except the skimmer still isn't skimming.:confused:

What make of skimmer???

Sorry its a Remora with a MJ1200. It still hasn't worked, its been a week. Is there anyone out there that uses a Remora in a sump? If so, how did you get it to work?
I'm curious if I have it located in a bad spot? Maybe all the tank water slips by without getting caught in the skimmer? Maybe all the new tubing or silicone is causing the skimmer not to skim?

New Update 04/01/07

Things are looking good in the tank and I got some more rock from returnofsid, so here are some new pictures. The red algae is all but kicked in the pants, a little is left in the refugium.
Again I have to say thanks to all here in Spokane for helping me and sharing some frags with a newby.:)

Update

Here is the latest on my tank. All that red algae is gone and the fish are happy even the coral is doing well.

Last edited:
Back