need a comment on this last min, purchess,

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daytonaconnecti

View attachment 37878 this is what he said
OVERFLOW BOX DUAL FOR SUMP WET DRY 1200 GPH with 922GPH return plus PROTEIN SKIMMER FILTER W/POWER PUMP, worked great on my saltwater 125….unfortunately I broke the aquarium glass and decided not to replace it, my loss is your gain. I had this up and running for six months and have modified it slightly for peak performance, the knob on skimmer flow control was a weak design (broke during initial setup), I have beefed it with epoxy now it is better than new. Also the pump that came with the overflow skimmer locked up within the first week, I purchased a 922GPH fountain pump locally, and it worked great. I returned the original pump under warranty and am including the brand new replacement as a spare. I used a 20 gal tank as a sump but if I did it again I would go larger… It's a JEBO 520 Protein Skimmer w/ Pump ,and a cfl aquatic overflow

what size tank would you put it on..
The skimmer is quite small for a 125 but the overflow box and return pump is all good stuff.

what size tank would you put it on..
The skimmer is quite small for a 125 but the overflow box and return pump is all good stuff.
iam hoping it will work on my 48?gal tank and my 15?gal sump....the setup i have been talking about in past post.

Last edited:
It should do fine but if it were me i would upgrade as soon as the funds were available to spend.

If you have room in your stand i would try to buy a 30 gallon long tank. Thats the one that is 36x12x16 Its a uncommon size so if thats not an option i would use a 20 long. Or something similar . I it that it is easier to work around if you get a shorter, longer sump for your tank, but the larger the better. You might want to think about adding a refugium to the system, Either in the sump or separate from it. You can find great deals on sumps/refugiums on here or a forum in your area, but i prefer to find the right tank and build/section it to my needs. As for the skimmer it should do fine but so would the remora i would think. I would get the sump finished while running the remora on the display and then decide what skimmer to run in it. Keep in mind that the skimmer you choose will need to fit in it of course.

I had the same skimmer on my tank. It is indeed garbage. I bought it off ebay for like 60 bucks. It is really big, loud, and doesn't produce much skimmate, plus mine broke in less than 6 months. I think it would be a step down from the remora. I would wait and spend more money to do it right down the road.
-chris

Back