need advice for new skimmer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jgraeff

Jgraeff
Have a proclear right now and I'm not happy with it. I want to upgrade but don't want to spend more than 200. I will post the size of Max foot print I can have later. Also which Ro/di units would u recommend and do they save money for water changes since I'm paying 30 cents per gallon now for ro although driving to get it is quite far

bulkreefsupply.com for the ro/di $199.00 for a 5 stage with pressure guage and dual TDS. What size tank do you have and what are you keeping? FO, Mixed reef, SPS?

Also how often do you have to replace the filters on average? i know it depends on the water quality but just an estimate if any of you have used this filter or ones like it.

Filter replacement varies entirely on water quality and how mush you process. I know I have to replace my sediment cartridge about once a month in order to keep my carbon blocks clean, but I'm making about 345 gallons per month. Replace my carbon blocks about every six months or so.

how does that skimmer compare to others that would fit in the space i have for under 200?

these are the other 2 comparable skimmers under $200, but the bubble magus is better than both of them, and cheaper. both these skimmers get about 420 lph air injection, the bubble magus NAC6 gets 500 lph, and has a meshwheel impeller for smaller bubbles, and a wider neck.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...uct_Code=CV-OCT-NWB-150&Category_Code=Octopus

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...OD&Product_Code=VX-IN100&Category_Code=Vertex

Ya il def go with the NAC6 for the skimmer, although the compartment i have is only up to about 8.5 inches in depth so il have to see if i can get it to ten and if i can then i can get the skimmer, i am working on redoing my refuge so i may just have the skimmer in a rubbermaid container so then it shouldnt be an issue.

Back