Need advice on anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!

Unfortunately, most anemones have the capability to kill corals. Also, most anemones are capable of moving, in your reef tank. There are some anemones that prefer living in the sand bed and some that prefer inhabiting rocks. This is no guarantee though. What type of lighting do you have? What fish inhabitants? What size tank and how deep is it? How long has it been set up? All of these things, and more, need to be considered, when deciding to house an anemone.

I have a 55g. It has been set up for 1 year. I have T5 HO. I have several leathers, a clam, polyps, kenya trees. Fish wise ..I have one maroon clown, 2 damsels, and 1 6 line wrasse

BTA's seem to be the easiest to keep out of all the others. But with a tank full of corals, you run the risk that the anemone will find its home on of your corals already attached. You can't really plan on where you want to put them they will move and find their own happy spot. Which could be for days, weeks or even years, but one day it could take a walk around the tank and sting the crap out of the corals.

I have a RBTA and moved to three places before it settle down. During this time stung the crap out of my blue zoas, GSP, fire and ice zoas. All are doing fine now. But it did decided to attach it self next to a sps that is a small frag and now the sps is losing the battle.

And welcome to Reef Frontiers

i thank you for the knowledge i may pass i have a devils hand about 12 inches and i would be sick if sumthing happen thanks

Devils Hand as a leather is very tolerant of RBTAs. It will close up while being brushed by the anem, but when the anem moves on, it will polyp back out good as new.

leathers is what i got most of and yellow , wood, button, poylps zoas. if you dont think it would hurt much i think i might try

They will all do fine. You will get the hang of where to place which as they peacefully coexist.
And welcome to Reef Frontiers, the friendly place to get facts, answers and opinions.

Back