Need advice on RO filter setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That would be a good starter for sure, you can also look up some on out sponcors.
Welcome to RF BT:)

Thank you I surely will, what do you recommend?Id like to be able to quick hook up and detach fromt eh faucet spigot since I will be using my kitchen sink and I already have a water purification system running under the sink for drinking water.

I'm impressed with the filter guys. www.thefilterguys.biz Give them a shot.

Don

Yep- I'll second that recomendation. I bought a cheap starter off of ebay a while back. I never really got it to work so great until I started replacing the parts with new one's. Filterguys helped me diagnose the problem and were very patient with me. good company to work with.

How much water are you going to make at a time? Because it is a slow process to filter water, it can take several hours to make 15 gallons.

thanks for links

How much water are you going to make at a time? Because it is a slow process to filter water, it can take several hours to make 15 gallons.

Oh I probably will make a coupel of 30 gallon rubbermaid buckets and aerate and heat them to keep as standbys so speed isnt a real issue.

Bought one of these sears filtration systems

Ok heres another question, i saw that link you sent me, good stuff and great pricing! My question is, I have a walter purification system under my sink, here is what it looks like, and its a Kenmore Dual Undersink Water Filter System
Sears item #04238460000 Mfr. model #38460
I think the first one removes sediment, glass, resin pack and the second one is the same mostly for removal of chlorine and taste and other tastes odors.
What can I get that would work with htis? It looks very similar to those other RO/DI kits. COuld i just hook it up inline to the output line on this system?
Any ideas? ANyone ever try this with theirs? Or should I just tear it out and start from scratch?

You could add inline your RO/DI unit after these & keep these, it would take up more room but the extra filters would extend the life of the rest or you can use these & add in the rest. Why not shoot the filter guys a call or e-mail & let them hook you up with the right stuff, you should benifit from talking to them directly.

Back