Need an ID on this coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That's what initially thought too mike, but the skeleton almost looks like it's thin and scrolling like a fox. Hwey jgraeff, maybe you can describe the skeleton a little for us, it's just a little hard to tell from the picture. Is it thicker and round/oblonged, or is it really thin and kind of scrolling?

Not positive but the guy said that it had a bad spot and was treated and is now growing over the skeleton. i will check the skeleton out later and let you know for sure. He also said that green is rare for this type of coral if that helps at all. I will also post a better picture tonight.

Looks like a euphyllia of some type to me. Some euphyllias branch, but others grow in the formation you have. It is also in pretty poor shape, and green is a common color. Id try a different LFS personally.

yeah i say a sad shape hammer ..What is the history on it?did it come from another older tank or is it new into the store?See if u can get a better pic!how does it respond to lighting ect.Is it sluggish to open ect?

Back