Need blasto info!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aquaman3680

MidWest Frags
Hey all, I am just looking for some general/indepth information on the keeping of blasto's. Any and all information would be great!

Thanks,

Matt

I'm only very familiar with the Welsi type and they DO NOT like a lot of light. Moderate to low lighting only. If you have MHs DO NOT face them directly towards it or else you'll fry them. Good luck!
Ricky

I'm only very familiar with the Welsi type and they DO NOT like a lot of light. Moderate to low lighting only. If you have MHs DO NOT face them directly towards it or else you'll fry them. Good luck!
Ricky
i have compact flouresent lighting and i tdoes great, i think he is right though mh might be too much for direct light

ok then, I also have a 20 gallon setup where I have PC's. But the lighting spectrum is 2 65 watts with 1 50/50 and an actinic. Would this be better for the blastos?

ok then, I also have a 20 gallon setup where I have PC's. But the lighting spectrum is 2 65 watts with 1 50/50 and an actinic. Would this be better for the blastos?
i have 65watts by 4 so it will do fine, just to let you know i keep my blasto neer the bottom of a 75g tank, so figure that in too

You should also factor in where it was before you got it. If it was under MH before but at the bottom the tank, then I would do the same, but I would start with low lighting first and see how it does. If it's all poofed up then it should be doing fine. It's when its all sunk in that's problematic.

Back