need fraging help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cross

i have a piece of ruble with 40 to 50 polyps on it, i think they are polys. not shure what kind. can anyone tell me how to frag it? can i just brake a piece of the rock off? i would like to keep a small piece a traid the rest for some zoas. thanks for the help.

Yes, you can break the rock. Easiest way is to use a flathead screwdriver. Place the tip where you'd like to break the rock, with other hand, grab hammer, or if you're a real manly man, grab hammer in teeth...swing hammer and hit other end of screwdriver...lol. Works great!! If you do decide to grab hammer in teeth, it helps to growl!!!

Yes, you can break the rock. Easiest way is to use a flathead screwdriver. Place the tip where you'd like to break the rock, with other hand, grab hammer, or if you're a real manly man, grab hammer in teeth...swing hammer and hit other end of screwdriver...lol. Works great!! If you do decide to grab hammer in teeth, it helps to growl!!!

i may have to give the teeth and growl a try...LOL. thanks sid. my wife and dogs already think i'm crazy, so it wouldnt suprize them any.

Last edited:
We glue animals to rocks...we pay up to $8.00/pound for rocks....of course we're crazy!!!
You left out talking to, and begging corals to grow,
Yelling at fish and crabs
Drooling over PVC pipes in a cool design.
Paying 80$ for 1" of a stick
And praying "bugs" don't eat your stuff.
We are not crazy, we are WAYYYY past crazy..

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but it seems like a good place to ask this question... What if you have some zoas glued to a huge piece of lr in the dt and you want to frag it without taking the rock out of the tank? If you put a shell or small rock next to the colony and let them grow over it, can you just remove the zoa covered shell and cut it away from the colony?

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but it seems like a good place to ask this question... What if you have some zoas glued to a huge piece of lr in the dt and you want to frag it without taking the rock out of the tank? If you put a shell or small rock next to the colony and let them grow over it, can you just remove the zoa covered shell and cut it away from the colony?

no problem piggy back away. it would seen like you could it may take a while though. i'm sure some one with much more knowledge will chime in here.

oh by the way that frag made it. :)

Back