need fraging help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paly's can even be cut away from a rock carefully at the bottom.

It's a good idea to ADD CARBON to the sump or filter area as they might release toxins that could harm your other corals.

The natural method would be to put it and a small pc of rock or shell or ?? and place them together in a bit of nylon netting so it gets light and water but cant float away.

Others try gluing the paly's bottom to the rock with Rubberbands.

However generally they are put on to tight and cause it to cut into 2 pcs but if attached with just minimal pull strength and in a low flow area and undisturbed by fish would do well.

The rubber band could be removed in a week or less.

The glued method needs to be monitored for a few hours at first and then the next day as well but should work also.

:)

Paul

Cross, did you use the "hammer in teeth" method??

Ellylove, If you aren't in a position to remove the rock that the Zoanthids are on, you can encourage them to spread, by placing rubble (or shells, since you asked about shells) around them. Make sure they're a bit crowded, given no other direction to grow. They will grow onto the rubble over time. Then the rubble can be removed, along with the Zoanthids that have grown onto it. This is a slower method of "fragging," but more natural and the least stressful for the coral.

Another option, if the area of rock is accessable, is to gently break off the piece of rock that they're growing on. This can be done with a flat head screwdriver and hammer. Just chip the rock, around or under the Zoanthids. You can usually do this in or out of the tank, and only remove a minimal amount of rock.

Question:

Am I the only one who is sitting in the dark in front of my tank with a bottle of Grolsch and singing night time songs to my corals!!!!!!

Back