need HELP ASAP

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tri_pod_rod

:cry::cry:alright everyone i need help with the tank, i have had a flood twice in less than two weeks, the outlet tube for my chiller keeps magically falling out the back of my tank and spewing out water everywhere thankfully no electric fire but still im tired of this happening and considering selling my entire system my wife has no idea what to do if this happens so without me should would freak and everything in the tank would die, what im asking for is basically someone to help me out and configure some type of contraption to keep my hoses for my chiller from falling out and causing a flood again if no one can do this than im going to sell my system its a jbj 28 gallon hqi, cpr skimmer HOB with mesh mod, vortech mp20, 2 koralia nano, ca reactor, 1/10 hp chiller, that is all.

thanks for your thoughts and concerns if any.

You could always drill the back of you tank and use 2 bulkhead fittings with hose clamps and you would never have to worry about it again. Or you can drill a hole in the plastic tubing and insert a zip tie through the hole and secure it to your tank that way?

Sounds like you are using a flexable hose. Try making a u-tube out of pvc or cvpc pipe.

Don't give up, there are always ways to fix most any problem.

connect a power head bodie with no guts to the out let and use it as a weight just dont plug it in I used to use one for my tank I just put the hose into the intake of the powerhead and attached it to the side of the tank and it worked just like a regular powerhead

If your hose size is less than 5/8" or so, go down to NAPA and buy some plastic hose clamps :) I've found NAPA always has the smaller ones in stock, and they are magic, and like .50 cents each. (like these http://www.waytekwire.com/plastic-hose-clamp.htm)

The clerks will think you are wierd, but once you get them off their butts and looking for the clamps you'll be tankful.

thanks everyone for the words of encouragment im gonna try a few things that some of you mentioned (keep fingers crossed)

Back