Need help choosing fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A standard 110 is the same dimensions as a 75 or a 90 just taller. I wouldn't go past two tangs in that tank. Depending on how much LR will be in there in the future the tangs will need swimming room and too many in there and not enough swimming room will lead to major fights. I would do a blue tang and a red sea sailfin. Yellows are easy to care for but no offense they are kinda boring with just the single solid yellow color.at least the blue and the sailfin have different colors in them, especially the Red Sea sailfin tang. Those really have some great colors in them.

You could also do a school of blue green chromis. That looks really cool in a tank IMO. I just like to see a school of fish in a tank. Plus it makes the tank look more occupied. Also chromis are an easy fish to care for and they change colors depending how the light hits them.

I would do a blue tang and a red sea sailfin
i don't know...that seems kinda mean:( ..it's only a 4ft tank....it can be done,but i would try to give them at least a 6 ft'er(that was for the Southern folks):D :D :D :D :D

Ive got a 110, for some reason its 5ft. Even though its not recomended I have a nice 6" + sail. Hes happy and healthy but I kept my rock very low to make more swimming room. It can be done but I have to sacrafice having other fish that will invade his space.

Don

I had one in my 90 and he did fine but i too also had the top half of the tank open to allow adequate swimming room.

i don't know the dimensions..i was just going by the dimensions Nick gave(I could be wrong )(75g-4ft??)i agree it can be done..i have a blue tang in my 72g right now..he is only like 3" ...i am trying to get my 125g up..it is just sitting in the dining room...i really want him to have more space

LOL..that's funny..it has been weeks now and i still don't have a stand ..it's frustraing..at least i will get to go home this week and try out my new masks when i go snorkeling:D ....the hurricane turned and isn't going to hit near Destin:D :D

Thats cool. You better post pics of your progress when you get your stand and start putting your tank together! Or else Krish and i are going to come down there and steal you new masks!

well, that sounds like a plan, but Krish would have to catch a boat or plane and drive " up here" to steal them!!!LOL

we hijacked Roly's thread..........anyway Roly, the list is up to you...find some fish that you want in the tank, then ask if they will work out!!!!!:)

SK8r Im not rolling in green stuff "algae", its brown stuff "brown algae". I just bought another power head. I think I need to upgrade my lights too. Thanks for all the good advise too.

You can never go "all out" great advise no matter what you do always make sure to take it slow the biggest part is to research your fish and decide what you want making sure that a fish wont let you do something to your tank in the future also hawkfish are pretty notorious for picking off crabs and stuff like that. remember you cant do to much research on something like this that could cost you alot of money,time and the lives of many fish.

Back