Need Help From My Peeps!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bearjohnson

I've been waiting on pulling the trigger on getting a new 120 Deep Blue RR $680.00 (48 1/2 x 24 1/4 x 25 1/12) tank for my man room. That size length will fit perfect where I intend to put it.

HOWEVER!!!!

I just found a NEW 125 RR (72 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 23 3/8) on CL for an asking price if $500.00 with one of those cheap stands included. (I already have a 125 in my kitchen) With a little rearranging and a shoe horn I'm sure I can make it fit.

SO - The question is obvious. Do I save a few bucks on the stand and tank and shoe horn her in or do I stick to my original plan?

Basically I have enough equipment to light, pump, ATS and build a sump from my 150 that I took down a while ago so those items are not an issue at this point.

Love to here any and all input.

Thanks!

IMO it all depends on your preference on which tank's dimensions appeal to you more. When you are talking about tanks with that much volume, a 5 gal difference isn't much to talk about so I wouldn't even factor that in your decision. It's a hard one, but if it were me, I'd go for the 125 because I always loved the look of them however, that's just a personal preference. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Boy thats a hard decision. Do you want length or depth is pretty much the question. I like the 125 my self. But if you dont have the space for it and the stand for the 120 is in better shape, it is worth the extra $. It is really a question of what size tank do you like better.
That probably didnt help, did it!

Well here is the update:

I stopped at my LFS and priced out both tanks. I can get a brand new RR 125 for $510. So as it turns out, it doesn't look like this CL deal is as so much of a deal after all. I mean the stand is included but I already have the wood to build another Goliath of a stand for the 120.

Needless to say, the 120 is still the plan at this point. Thanks for all of the input!

On a different note...Petco in NJ is running a 50% off tank sale that ends on the 27th if anyone is in the market. I just grabbed me 3 - 20gL to complete my quarantine station. I was going to originally use 3 - 29's but figured the 20L would work just fine seeing as the length is the same as the 29.

I'll post a pic as soon as I have them set up, maybe start a tank thread:)

it is a great deal at petco right now, 40g breeders for 40 bucks, killer deals, just dont buy their icky fish. to the tanks, it should be all in what you like, or would like to build, or set up. i have a corner tank 92 gallon, other than looking at it from an angle, it works for me and what i was going for in effect.

it is a great deal at petco right now, 40g breeders for 40 bucks, killer deals, just dont buy their icky fish. to the tanks, it should be all in what you like, or would like to build, or set up. i have a corner tank 92 gallon, other than looking at it from an angle, it works for me and what i was going for in effect.

92 corner tank huh! so where is your tank thread?

Well here is my latest thought. I have a 125 that I have been looking to upgrade.

Does anyone have any thoughts on price, acrylic, and so about this deal? He's asking $2000.00.

Back