need help id this hitchiker(?)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bapski

dunno what this thing is. came with the LR i got from lfs. wonder if its something beneficial to my FOWLR or should i get rid of it.

help very much appreciated.

DSC03924.jpg

that would be aiptasia my friend....I would get rid of it as soon as possible...Its a nuisance type of anemone

really? and i thought i got a bonus from the lfs with this thing.

LoL, yea, what Jake said, and dont hesitate because they spread rapidly

WELCOME! you wouldnt be from Dakota would you? -JK- man i need a friend

easiest way to rid yourself of that little fellow is to go to Walmart buy some Mrs. Wages pickling lime, make a light paste out of it and use a siringe of some type and inject directly into his mouth.

That will fix him, but do it soon before he gets too big

Duane

Jiddy said:
LoL, yea, what Jake said, and dont hesitate because they spread rapidly

WELCOME! you wouldnt be from Dakota would you? -JK- man i need a friend

lol...jidz you got tons of friends here...lol By the way when did u get back?

Yea but all my friends are either imaginary or far away, lol. I got back a few weeks ago, i miss scuba diving *sad*

Ohgee said:
easiest way to rid yourself of that little fellow is to go to Walmart buy some Mrs. Wages pickling lime, make a light paste out of it and use a siringe of some type and inject directly into his mouth.

That will fix him, but do it soon before he gets too big

Duane

Thats exactlty what I used on mine...works great!

My peppermint shrimp are farming them: they eat about one tentacle a day off the really big ones. That gives them just about time to regrow before they start around again.

all i did initially was tried prying it out but it hid itself. got a knife and scraped it off the rock. hope i totally eliminated it.

oh thanks for welcoming a newbie here. thanks to steve s for the invite.

Ooops. sorry to let you know but any part of it including parts you scraped and were free floating they will most of the time grow back and spread. they are the worse pest you can have in you tank. IMO

holly camote! another tragedy in the making for me? just figured out how to get rid of micro bubbles in closed loop after months of revising closed loop design and now this?

oh well... will just hope things will turn out well...

thanks for the replies guys..

Back