Need help please read

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

babyscooter

i have these little slugs or snails in my tank and they keepp laying eggs, how do i get rid of them??!?? also i have this green seaweed like stuff growing and its trying to take over one of my rocks, how do i get rid of that also?

send me a PM if you have any answers!

i have these little slugs or snails in my tank and they keepp laying eggs, how do i get rid of them??!?? also i have this green seaweed like stuff growing and its trying to take over one of my rocks, how do i get rid of that also?

send me a PM if you have any answers!

Pics pics pics! Don't know if you don't show!

Some sort of fish could take care of the eggs (dwarf angels, wrasse). Pics for the green algae stuff like freakin requested.

i wouldnt mess with the snail eggs. they come and they go. the hair algae has to do with the fact that your probably using tap water and its probably growing right next to a nice jt stream. try to disperse your water flow and use ro/di water.

Populations of things like those snails are usually food-dependent. My guess is, they're eating the green stuff. Lots of green stuff=lots of snails.

Think how much worse it might be without the snails to eat some of the green stuff! ;) If your system is basically healthy and not being overdosed in food or other nutrients, I'd expect the snail population to eventually become large enough to control the algae and then the snail population would drop off as there was less for them to eat.

I have little stomatella snails, and I love them. They don't overpopulate unless I overfeed.

Back