Need help to install a home network -will trade for frags

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I figured there was a good reason. :) So can you explain in detail how you have your ACIII set up to email when the power goes out? If it is on a UPS, it won't know without some kind of relay right? I still don't understand how to set this up.

There is a battery backup port on the ACIII that allows you to plug it (and a router, modem, etc) into a UPS. It'll drop you a note when the alarm and/or power goes off.

Last edited:
There is a battery backup port on the ACIII that allows you to plug it (and a router, modem, etc) into a UPS. It'll drop you a note when the alarm and/or power goes off.

Whoa doggy! Very interesting. I do see a "Battery" port on mine but you know, I have followed several threads about rigging the ACIII so that it will recognize a power outage and never have I seen anyone mention that port.

Is there some sort of adapter to get from Neptune?

Thanks for the comments guys.. The AC III Arrived today and I'm configuring as we speak!!!

if anyone knows where I can get a cheap UPS, let me know..

don't buy a cheap one, whatever you do. That is seriously asking for trouble. I had two cheap ones at my store purchased not by me, and when we had all the wind storms, they did not do the job. I had to swap out the POS PC because the board got fried and our store was down for a day.

I only need it on for like a minute after the power goes out to e-mail me. I can then run home and plug in the generator.

out of curiousity though.. which one did you have bad experience with? I've heard the batteries inside do go bad after a couple years, but like I said, all I'd really want it to do is keep the power on the modem, router, and controller going for a minute or so until the e-mail is sent.

Back