Need help with Coral banded Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bubble puffer

Hi, I got a huge Coral Banded Shrimp that is around 3" long for the body and always fighting with my Sleeper Goby and now both of the big craw of the Shrimp is gone.. I think they broke off from the body..will those Craws grow back? First it was 1 big craw gone then few weeks after that, he is molting and no new craw grow back...now both craws are gone..

Thanks.. I am sure is the goby because I saw them fighting couple of time.. the Shrimp like to harrast all the fish in the tank except the Goby fight back by trying to bite the Shrimp couple of time when the Shrimp chasing the Goby.. My Baby Porcupine just chicken out and hide inside the cave when the Shrimp roaming around

I once say my Coral Banded grap a fin on a clown fish and get drug for a whole lap around the tank!! They are quites aggresive and can sometimes even killer small nonagrreisve gobies/blennies. I had one lose an arm once and it took about 2-3 months to grow back to full size.

My coral bandit shrimp loses his all the time...Especially when I net him. It will grow back no worries:)

Claws grow back when the shrimp molts but not all on the first molt. If the shrimp just molted they may grow back almost the same size but I doubt it. If he loses both claws they have a good chance of dying because they can't defent themselves and eating is harder.
Paul

Back