Need help with finding a h-skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

El Salvador

Been looking to add a Kick Ass skimmer to my 24G nano tank and I am very lost. I was hoping you guys and girls could help me out. I don’t care on the price, I just care that it’s a hang on skimmer. I been looking at the Eshopps PSK 75H

A few month back someone posted a thread on a hang on skimmer that looked like it rocked, but I am not able to find it. Thanks for any help.

we have an aquatic life at work on a 20L and for the money i gotta say its fairly impressive. the quality is great only complaint is the adjustment knob its kinda hard to turn. with that said its only 50 bucks dont expect it to perform miracles. well worth the money IMO

Thank you guys for the info

I been going crazy. Still dont know what I want. I never had this problem with my large system. Skimmer type was never the problem, the only problem i had then was having the X approve the money. That's why she is an X now. LOL.

THank you very much guys. I am starting to think I am going to go with the SWC BH 100F

Go with the external hot bubble magnus. Very nice skimmer and no expensive pricetag.

actually, what would be perfect for that, is WM's new H1 w/ bubble plate, & wider/taller neck.
h1a.jpg

also, what do you think of cpr's lastest bakpak, luke?

Last edited:
Been looking to add a Kick Ass skimmer to my 24G nano tank and I am very lost. I was hoping you guys and girls could help me out. I don’t care on the price, I just care that it’s a hang on skimmer. I been looking at the Eshopps PSK 75H

A few month back someone posted a thread on a hang on skimmer that looked like it rocked, but I am not able to find it. Thanks for any help.

check this out
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1708524

Im a fan of aqua C.... the remora nano would do you justice.... some people talk smack about it... but most of the time they just didnt follow the directions or talk to the manufacture....

there service is top notch, and they have service that works... it sucks when you spend a hundred bucks and have no one to talk to or no phone number to call if you have a problem..... not the case...

i had a extra remora hanging around that i had on a tank that i took down.....
now its on a 100g system... way underrated, but still doing its job good.

yup, that person talking smack would be me, :) and I think it's safe to say I know everything there is to know about setting up a remora.
I have spoken with sales reps and designers from Aqua C.
I never once have said that the remora wont skim, but the rate at which it does skim to me is abysmal. the fact that the general "fix" is to slap an oversized, mag pump on the skimmer doesnt really do anything for me, because one of my biggest gripes is hob skimmers with large pumps hanging in the tank...even after including a mag 3-5 I know a mesh modded bakpak will still kick it's butt, not to mention be much quieter.
with esoppps change of pump in their hob skimmer to a mesh modded via aqua/atmann, that makes the ps-75 hob a decent, cheap contender for a good hob skimmer as well, and there are more good hob's coming to market soon from SWC, Creative Aquatic, bubble magus, and others...

well i had a bunch of one on one convo's with them over the phone via emails.... did some testing for my self.. and them i guess (they were happy for the help)

oversized pumps dont help.

good luck with your search

Back