need help with this

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My friend had lots of these guys. They were really small and sounds like the same. Hide in holes with legs sticking out until nighttime. Some were the size of a pea, some bigger maybe the size of a quarter. She rounded a bunch up for me and I threw the clump in my tank and Mr. Going Bye Bye Engineering Goby had a nice hefty supper "immediately!!!".

She was told that they were sea stars and that they were harmless. Another lfs (who we don't believe anyway) said they could be a menace.

The first guy told her that they usually don't mature, cause they usually stay in their hole and their disc or center body thingy gets too big to get out of the hole and they die.........

That's my $0.02 for the day!

i know the guy at inland aquatics said it wouldnt hurt anything
Did he actually see it and ID it? If not do not take that advice. Throw a flashlight on it and snap a pic.

ok im posted out with the lights out going from the comp to the fish tank trying to get a pic didnt know a tracking a critter could be so fun lol

Refreshing Anne...:) It is a bit cool getting in, but it is so hot that you don't mind. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you...As soon as I get rich or win the lotto, your boys will get to see the ocean;)

Krish, are you on...if so where are your tank photos, cause my friend Mojos50 wants to see....

krish75 said:
Refreshing Anne...:) It is a bit cool getting in, but it is so hot that you don't mind. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you...As soon as I get rich or win the lotto, your boys will get to see the ocean;)
Wrong train of thought, but was thinking barnacles.

Anne

My first thoughts were brittle star or serpent star, as well. If you can get a pic, then that would be really helpful.

Enjoy watching your tank at night! You'll find many many interesting critters to observe. Using a red lens flashlight is helpful, but not necessary.

Back