Need home for corals and fish for 1-2 weeks in August - Seattle, WA area

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

August 1st, my hard wood floors are getting sanded and a finish is being put on them that is toxic to my SW tank. Anyone have some space in their tank for my corals and fish?

Chris at Saltwater City suggested posting on this forum to see if anyone had any space to house my live stuff.

Saltwater City has been cleaning my 75G tank for almost 2 years now so it's in good shape.

Fish: Two maroon clowns, 1 blue tang, 1 talbot damsel, 1 pseudo chromis, Lawn mower blenny, tuxedo pin cushion.

Please send me an email if you can help or know of anyone that can help.

Amy

I think your first post was moved to the Puget Sound Aquarium Society section to get more local readers.

How much coral are we talking about? Is your 75 filled to the brim? What kind of light do they need? MH or only VHOs? I have room for coral but my regal tang doesnt like competition. I have a 10g that I use for a QT that can hold the fish except the tang (If the fish are as small as im thinking). Im in Bellevue also so if you would like to see the setup feel free to email me.

They are under VHOs right now (MH in the new tank). There are quite a few Corals. The female clown is about 3" and all the others are small except for the tang.

I will try to get you a picture of the corals so you can see what you might be dealing with. The biggest one is an Octobubble, all the others are on the smaller side and are crowdable for up to a few weeks I think.

Amy,

A couple of ideas for you to consider. If the tank is NOT in the way of the floor refinishing? then you **Could** have a tent of poly film built around it on a cheap wood frame or even use PVC pipe to build something. Then, just buy a cheap fan and some large flex ducting and route fresh air into the "temporary enclosue" so that it is under positive pressure. That should work fine to protect the tank since none of the fumes could overcome the positive pressure inside the structure. Also, if you are interested I have a spare tank just now that you could use do a transfer into if you have a safe place at your location to set it up. Personally I really would not want to have some one else take my fish into their tank because if anything were to happen to either parties fish some one is going to feel really bad...
Hope this helps.
Good luck!
Stan

The tank is right smack in the middle of the floor that needs to be done. The concern with the tent over it is that the fan would quit and everything would die since it will be sitting there for a week without any attention from me while they do the floors.

Thanks for the idea though. Amy

Hmmm..... I might be able to set up a temporary 55G tank for the fish, and just put the corals in my reef, that way the fish from both parties won't have any contact with each other, therefore eliminating the risk of the spread of disease. Actually, I work for an LFS, and I could probably house the fish there, and keep the corals at home. That would work out better. How does this sound?

Amy if you get stuck let me know and I could move some stuff around and open up the fragtank for ya and rig up some lighting. Its about 200 gallons

Mike

Okay...I just realized that I only have few weeks left till the end of the month I sort of hit panic mode - both in finalizing the plans for the fish and getting everything packed up in the house and moved out by the 1st of August.

I really appreciate all the offers of assistance - it blows me away that so many of you are willing to help me out! I really appreciate it.

Realistically, Mossyrock just isn't very feasible with the planning of moving the tank - and the people helping me move the furniture out of my place that weekend as well. I really appreciate the offer to meet me half way though!

Nashon or Mojoreef, are you offers still open?

Amy

Back