Need Id of these corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seismic

Balaenoptera musculus
Acquired these corals about 3 weeks ago I'm guessing the first one is a seriatopora. I have no idea what the 2nd/3rd pics are.

sps8uq2.jpg

sps10cs0.jpg

sps11ex1.jpg

Thanks in advance! :D

First one is a Birds Nest (I believe Hystrix) and believe the second one is a Granulosa. Not sure of the spelling on the last one.

It is a birdsnest but to me the first pic looks more like S.calliendrum(spelling) than S.hystrix by the blunt branch tips. Hystrix is sharp & pointy. I agree with the 2nd id, perhaps maybe even a.lorips but I am leaning towards a.granulosa.

Hello,
The first picture is most likely Seriatopora caliendrum (See Veron's COW Vol #2 pg.55 plate #3).

The second coral is possibly Acropora granulosa which is common and found over a wide range or the less common and smaller ranging Acropora lokani. They look almost identical when small but A. granulosa tends to become plate-like as it matures while A. lokani grows more upright.

Regards,
Kevin

This one seems to be upright.The part of the coral facing the back of the tank is fairly flat while the one facing the front of the tank is branching.

I've been wanting to know this one for a long time. No one has been able to give me an answer on this yet...hope I get it here...

pict0046qt5.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
The first one is quite possibly Acropora valida, the second one needs to grow out more but Acropora abrotanoides or A. robusta are good candidates. The next one really needs to grow out some but it is an Acropora :)

The last one is either A. granulosa, Acropora lokani, or A. loripes listed in the order of highest likelihood IMHO.

Regards,
Kevin

Looks like pics 2 & 3 from the first post look a lot like A. loripes.....

Thanks alot again kevin!

Back