Need ID please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Seadogs

I found this on a piece of LR. To me, it looks like a coral, but that's not saying much considering I am VERY new to salt. If anyone knows what it is and what I should do with it, please let me know.

Thanks!:)

its kinda hard to see, but it sorta looks like a small coral frag to me as well. put it in a high light area and see what comes of it

Sorry I couldn't get a better picture. My other problem is that it is kinda under an outcropping on the LR and in a little cave. Basically, I think I put the rock in upside down from how it was in the ocean. :(

if it is a coral you can break it of and super glue it where you want or it will eventually attach by itself

Thanks for the idea. do you think I could use needle nosed plyers? Is really is in like a little cave, I don't know if I could get my fingers in there without hurting it.

Does it look like there is any tissue on it? Or is it just a skeleton?

I don't think there is any tissue. It looks pretty much like a piece of coral that you can buy to put on a display shelf. Like bleached coral only this has a little peach-ish color to it.

Back