need input on sumersible pump 900GPH

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

do a mag 9 or more depending on if you want that 900 gph after the head loss i use a mag 12 for a return on my 155 and i cant even here it doesnt put out alot of heat either

wasn't someone selling one or two of those a while back on the sale forum?

okay just telling you about mine cant even here it and my tank doesnt go over 78

Adam-
All pumps heat the water to varying degrees (no pun intended). Submersible more so than non-sub. The benefits to submersible would inlcude ease of plumbing and noise (the water dampens the sound. What is best depends upon your needs :)

The smaller mags up the the 18 arent bad for submersibles. If you want to stay away from them Eheim is the way to go IMO.

I have Eheim 1262 and they are not too bad. You can come over and see how loud they are if you would like. I have had two running for the last year with no problems, I just clean regularly.

O.K. thanks guys!
I'll try a mag 9.5 or 12 and If I don't like it I'll switch to a more expensive eheim

O.K. thanks guys!
I'll try a mag 9.5 or 12 and If I don't like it I'll switch to a more expensive eheim

i would go with the 12 more not like you dont need it:D

i wish i would have went bigger just doesn't seem like enough flow and i wound have been able to split the two returns into 4 once they were in the tank

i would go with the 12 more not like you dont need it:D

i wish i would have went bigger just doesn't seem like enough flow and i wound have been able to split the two returns into 4 once they were in the tank
I don't count the return pump as flow in my tank but I'll proly go with a 12

Why not try an oceanrunner as they are nice and pretty efficient too
ocean runner you say. HUH?? i'll look into them

Ocean Runner 3500 or Eheim 1262 would be my choices in that order.
I have 4 OR pumps in my systems and have been very happy with them. The prices have increased recently though and the cost difference between them and Eheims is much closer so Eheim would also be a good choice now. Power consumption on both is much better than Mag and others and they both run cool in comparison as well as being almost silent. I have tried 3 different Mags and hated them all. Never again.

Back