need opinion

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i saw the asm g4x it's come with the sedra 9000 and it's compere to the euro reef c83 1 . i just wait to see how the new euro reef c831 look like and then i will chose one of them.

i saw the asm g4x it's come with the sedra 9000 and it's compere to the euro reef c83 1 . i just wait to see how the new euro reef c831 look like and then i will chose one of them.

Sounds good...I figure with either one you should be more than happy. Best of luck!

ok i bought the eruo reef c8-3 from prenium aquatics they have one available it's shown with the long neck so i hope it's the new . i will get it this week and then i will post picture when i test it.

because it's big skimmer i will build the cabinet alone.

about the tank i think i will take the 90 gallon with one overflow i need help for good external pump good brand name quiet one any option ?

inside i will use with the tunze ph .

WTG! Sounds like you bought a winner! On the external pumps, check the sequence pumps at Premium Aquatics. I've heard great things about them and almost bought one to do an over the tank closed loop, but opted for the Tunze because I didn't want to see any plumbing. Sequence pumps have always had good ratings and I think the pricing is reasonable...

i think that they are to strong to the overflow kit rated 600 gph.

or it's better to buy a regular tank and to make outside close loop ?

i think that they are to strong to the overflow kit rated 600 gph.

or it's better to buy a regular tank and to make outside close loop ?

Yeah, they will be. I just don't know of really any other external pump that's reliable and quiet with a price like sequence. Some people use mag drive pumps externally and don't have any problems as they can be used internally or externally and are really cheap. I mean you are looking at about $50 for a mag7. The only problem is they can leak so may not be the best suggestion. I know that little giant makes external pumps in your flow range and are supposed to be quiet as well. You may need to get some feedback from others who may have used them. Is there any reason in particular why you want an external pump? With low flow rates like 600 gph, you'd find more internal pumps that will fit the application better...

About buying a regular tank and doing the closed loop outside is a great option if you don't mind seeing plumbing/pipes everywhere. People do it all the time and is supposed to be just as good as using a drilled acrylic tank with a closed loop. You'll have to decide if you don't mind seeing the pipes or not...

the reason i want external pump because i want to save heat.

the reason i want external pump because i want to save heat.

Ahhh...Gotcha! I guess you may have to start a new thread about external pumps or do a search here on the forum on a similar thread to see what people are using or suggesting to use I have not idea what would be quiet and only produce around 600 gph externally. Also, keep in mind that some external pump give off heat externally too. I have seen some setups where a fan had to be placed in the stand to blow on an external pump to keep it cool. Infact, you can see a photo of one here on post number 8. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10264

want to tank all again for the help : i bought today the aga 120 gallon 48"x24"x24" include the 2 overflow. i will build cabinet for this tank Wednesday.

want to tank all again for the help : i bought today the aga 120 gallon 48"x24"x24" include the 2 overflow. i will build cabinet for this tank Wednesday.

That's wonderful! Can't wait to see it all come together. Make sure you start up a thread showcasing your tank in the Member's Showcase Forum for all to see your progress! Best of luck to you:)

Woohoo! You're going to love it! Cant wait to see pics!

hi nikki

i et today the euro reef skimmer when i order it it was shown with a gray screw in the picutre , what i get it's look different i think it's very old model because i knoe that the new model come with the black screw and blue cup and this one i never see i post the picture on the old post can you tell what do you think ?

best regards

michael

OOOoooooo! Very nice!!!! I'm so jealous, because you do have the newer style (from mine anyway). My skimmer (purchased shortly before the neck design change - back in summer of 2004) has the screw union at the neck. You have the quick release neck design, which is much better, IMO.

You can see the difference in the neck design in the sump pic of mine:

sumpnewiap.jpg

Back