Need some help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

peonleon2

I bought a zoo frag last week and it has opened a few times since i have placed it into my tank.
I looked at it today and it seems that there are some missing,
<y question is what else other than nudibrach eats them or is there any fish that might pick at them?
I have in my tank, various corals and fish wise
blue tang, yellow tang, clown, watchman goby, pj cardinal, coral beauty
Have the regular snails and hermits, have red linka star, sandshifting star, and 2 fire shrimp.
Can anyone help me out i dont want to loose them.
Thanks for your time

I bought a zoo frag last week and it has opened a few times since i have placed it into my tank.
I looked at it today and it seems that there are some missing,
<y question is what else other than nudibrach eats them or is there any fish that might pick at them?
I have in my tank, various corals and fish wise
blue tang, yellow tang, clown, watchman goby, pj cardinal, coral beauty
Have the regular snails and hermits, have red linka star, sandshifting star, and 2 fire shrimp.
Can anyone help me out i dont want to loose them.
Thanks for your time

There are other hitchiker parasites that eat zoathinds too, there is a type snail I will search for the link to show it to you.
the coral beauty might be the cause they have been known to nip at soft corals.
what are you water parameters? How old is the tank?

Matt

I once had a coral beauty pick at them. What type hermits you have? Any tiny red flatworms? Might you have a hidden crab in the tank? What are your water measurements, flow and lighting?

the tank is a 45 gallon corner tank.i have 130 watt pcs on the tank. it has been up for 3 years.
i checked the stuff on the tank yesterday and the nitrite was a little bit high. (how do i get that down)
How would i know if i have flatworms?
I have many other soft corals and this is the only one ihave a problem with

The coral beauty might be nipping at them, but I don't know if they would actually consume whole polyps.
A preditor crab may be a suspect.

Keep a eye out for these types of snails.
They will eat all of your zoanthids.

How could your nitrite be detectable? Did you have a large die off? Did you possibly mean nitrate?

Do you run any carbon? A good pic would help. My suggestions would be run carbon if your not and put them away from everything else like on the bottom of the tank away from any rock work and watch them at night when the lights are off and see if any crabs wonder out that you dont know about. hope that helps!

It is probably your coral fish doing it they will pester your corals because i had one. You can do a 20% water change will help you nitrate settings.

Yeah, zoanthid snails can have a checker pattern like the one in the pic, but can be brown with tan, black and yellow, etc. Watch out!

Back