Need somebody to fix my MJMods

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hooked82

So I believe that I have tried everything to get my 2 mjmods working. Different stopper locations, different impeller lengths, but I still can't get them to work flawlessly. One of the will run in the right direction most of the time, but every 30 seconds(average) or so it comes back and hits the stopper and bounces off of it for about 5-10 seconds then goes back to normal rotation. The 2nd one will just sit and bounce off of the stopped and wont go into normal direction. I would be willing to pay somebody to get these working to where they bounce off the stopper and spin in the right direction until I unplug/plug them in again. Really need to get the flow going in the tank, cyano starting to show up everywhere. Thanks guys.

David,

If you ever get them fixed, please let me know what the trick was. I'm having the same problem with 2- MJ900 mods. :( I've tried one with the soft tubing way and one with the carbon way to no avail. Thank goodness I bought 2- Seio 1500 before I tried the mod. My tank would have definitely been hurting. The flow is great when the mod is working but not consistent.

Thanks...
:cool:

I am in the same boat here. Every time I turn it off and turn it back on, it will bounce back and forth in the housing but won't start. It will only work again after I take every apart and put them back together... strange?? it's a PITA...

Well I figured it out. I read that if it happens where it bounces back and forth and won't run in the right direction all the time even with a stopper is to sand down the prop a bit. I did this before hand but must have not sanded it down enough. I went back out and sanded a little more and they have now been running fine since. Now I just need to get my swirl-stein mod working.
If you're wondering how I sanded it, I took a belt sanded, turned it upside down on the table, turned it on and hit the button to lock it. Then you take your fully assembled impeller and hold it with your thumb and middle finger on the bearings, give it a little spin and work it around and back on the edge of the belt sander. Make sure to run it from the top then around the edge of the sander to the bottom to get an even sanding on the prop. Once you start the sander will keep the prop spinning to get it even. Then take a razor blade and clean up the excess plastic on the edge. This should work. Good luck with em guys.

BTW, I will keep you updated as to whether this keeps working or not. So far it's going on 5 hours and has spinning the right direction.

Back