Need to borrow large tubs fast

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefreak

I'm A Reefoholic!!!
Hey Everyone, My 225 gallon is about to blow a seam. It has turned white and it starting to separate as I type. I'm going to get a new tank asap but wanted to know if anyone up north has some very large rubermaid tubs or something I can put my 7 years of livestock in for a while?

Would be happy to rent or pay in frags?

Please let me know

Thanks
Shaun

temp home

Hey Everyone, My 225 gallon is about to blow a seam. It has turned white and it starting to separate as I type. I'm going to get a new tank asap but wanted to know if anyone up north has some very large rubermaid tubs or something I can put my 7 years of livestock in for a while?

Would be happy to rent or pay in frags?

Please let me know

Thanks
Shaun

I have a 125 gal acrylic tank you can pick up this afternoon, no rent needed, just try not to add any scratches. It will eventually go to Jason to get buffed out. I got it to set up in my new office, but we arent moving into new space until after 1st of year, so its just collecting dust. Yours to use if you need it

Thanks Guys! I'm putting some clamps on there to hold a bit longer. I think a 125 may be to small my tank is FULL so a larger foot print would be good. I need something I can put lights on until Jason gets one built for me. Unless this thing blows...Im done!

I would like to keep everything in one sytem/tank/tub/something

Thanks Guys! I'm putting some clamps on there to hold a bit longer. I think a 125 may be to small my tank is FULL so a larger foot print would be good. I need something I can put lights on until Jason gets one built for me. Unless this thing blows...Im done!

I would like to keep everything in one sytem/tank/tub/something

I believe a 125 footprint is 72x18 and a 225 is 72x30 so with my tank you would lose 6 sq feet of footprint going from 15 to 9 sq ft. I understand that may be problemtaic. Good luck with other avenues, if you decide you need it, just give me a holler
Ich

2 tanks!

there ya go, 2 125's would give you 18 sq ft of floor space 3 more than current, and you could just use a simple overflow to feed one tank to the other, put them side by side and voila 250 gllon tank lol. Let me know, I could possible drive it up to you tonight if u could chip in on the gas money.

Hey pal I cannot really help other than offer a couple ideas.

I have kept rock in kiddie pools, and new plastic trash cans. With a heater and powerhead both work well short-term. My buddy kept his fish only with liverock tank in a kiddie pool during a tear down. No fish ever jumped. Base rock can be piled on top of its self in a trash can and will be fine with heat and flow.

Also, pawn your favorite corals off on your pals. Get them back when your stable again.

Good luck!

Brett

My 125 is 60" X 18" X 24". Whatever you're going to do you need to do it quick. Even if you just run up to Home Depot and pick up some Brute trash cans you need to relieve some of that water pressure or you're going to end up with a mess on your floors.

Mike

Last edited:
RF to the rescue

I get off at 6 i could throw my 125 in the Durango, swing by Sammamish to pick up Mcoomers 125 and be in Mill creek for 8 or 9. Let me know, I havent done a good deed all week! well thats not true, i got someone free treatment yesterday but thats a different story

Wow everyone! Talk about above and beyond! I got my hands on a 220 so I'm going to set it up in the garage right now. Gotta run but you guys rock thanks again I will let you know how it all works out.. I Need a beer now!

I have a 55 Gal Tank I have had setup with fish in it for around 5 months now. You are more then welcome to put a good light on it and I can keep care of some corals or even just fish if you need that as well.

let me know...

i just took down my 75 gallon, i could lend that to you, it has a HOB skimmer and canister filter. i live in sumner if you want to come down to pick it up.

Back