Need to see if I can get help moving tanks in Issaquah?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MC Lighting

A Little Overboard!
Hi everyone as most know I was in a bad car accident a couple of months ago and shattered my shoulder. I was supposed to have purchased a used tank from a member online here the weekend of the accident and of course could not. I also was supposed to move apartments as I have problems with my nieghbor above me and cable issues that cannot be resolved so my only options now are to sign another year lease in the unit I am in and not have TV and listen to the bouncing squeaky floor in my bedroom or move to another unit across the way. This option was real easy when I could do most of this myself but now I have to ask for help. What the plan is the move would be the first weekend of September I need to see if I can get enough people to move my 180 and 90 gallon tanks, I will not be able to lift anything as I am still another 2 months from that ability according to the doctor. I am asking about this now to give plenty of time to make arrangments I cannot afford to pay everyone but I will most definatly be doing either a BBQ or pizza with beer and sodas. I appreciate everyones help thus far and appreciate anything I can get for assistance. Sadly I have lost a lot of my corals and most of my nano tank simply not being able to take the daily care they deserve and I do not want to do something stupid during the move to prolong that problem. Thanks for reading.

Count me in! Hey MCLighting, I just work across your house. If u need help just PM me... I am sure we can work out a schedule.

Wish I could help, think you could get a few friends here to maybe help though, hope it goes well,

Thanks guys for responding I will know for sure if this is going to happen tomorow. Uncle Jack Thanks now that I have some use of my arm I am able to feed on a regular scheudle and such so things are improving a bit I was so drugged up and non-mobile for so long that I missed the golden opportunity to save some things by asking for help. Edwing I am sure we can arrange a ride for you if you cannot find one I appreciate the help guys!

Well got bad news yesterday! I am moving but now its going to be the 15th of August! The lady who's unit I was takign decided at the last second she wants to stay for 4 more months but I had already signed off my unit and it has already been re-rented when I move out. They have a townhouse that is actually less money and has a great view so I am taking that one but I have to move in the weekend of the 15th. If anyone is willing my offer of Beer and Pizza still stands :) I am going to rent a forklift to get the tanks, stand and other heavy stuff up to the second floor I don't feel like doing the 100 stair trip. Thank you to all who are willing to help it is greatly appreciated.

someone asked if it was the 15th or the 16th for the move it is the 16th (Saturday) I get poseesion the 15th and will be installing the R/O Unit, power etc. Thanks to everyone for helping out I only have a couple of people so far so if anyone is bored for that Saturday your help is greatly appreciated!

A Shameless bump for help

:oops: I only have one reef person to help on Saturday I was kind of hoping for a couple so I don't have to worry about who is handling my fish. Anyone? Please if the pizza is not good enough I can BBQ!

First of all I would like to publicly apologize to Uncle Jack and Soyadrink for not saying thank you for their hard work and making my tank move possible. Since the move things have been far too crazy and I have not had the time to post anything. Unfortunately I lost several fish and almost all of my corals right after the move. I was not able to get the tanks up and running for almost a month and so the fish stayed in their hotel tank down in the garage all was fine expect in one of the trash can's the heater malfunctioned and took the water up to almost 95 everything that was in the rubbermaid stock tank was actually very happy and no losses occurred. Everything is back up and running now with many plumbing improvements, I also decided to use less rock in the 180 and more in the 90 to balance out the two tanks. I hung my lighting differently (better looking than the ugly shelf I had) and have re-used my old fresh water 55g tank as a bigger sump so no more worrying about overflowing. I hated having everything stuffed under the tanks so this time I decided to build a platform between tanks and am in the process of making it into a window seat for sake of easy serviceability as well as noise suppression. All of the pumps, plumbing and ballasts now live there and so far I think it was a much better idea.

Again I want to thank Uncle Jack and Soyadrink for their hard work and making this a successful move (up until the bad heater) if anyone was interested the forklift was a life saver for moving to a multi story :)

Last edited:
Ah well people are busy and have lives but 2 good friends came through for me on here and made it all happen. If I had not rented the forklift it would have been a real disaster because we could have never got the tanks up the stairs with the people we had on hand... The losses were saddening I lost more on this round than when I moved up from CA to WA. I will recover unfortunately it is a part of this hobby, but now with the chance of loosing my job (contractor for WAMU) I have no idea when I will be able to afford to get my collection back up and going again.

Hey Mike. Sorry to hear about the loss, but I'm sure you can get it up in running with the help of fellow reefers. I'm looking forward to seeing the new set up! Hang in there!
Hows the nano doing? Is the goby still in there?

The nano is doing ok actually the goby did not make it past day one he jumped out... But yeah come over when ever you have some time I am still planning to do a BBW for those that helped me out with my move in the next month or so.

Back