Need Your Input

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

also if you want the switching of currents and want to keep your MJ's search the web for hydor they make these this is the easiest place i could find a pic http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46312&item=4367925645&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
but anyways you get the drift. they use some sort of gear and rotate and the water flows through them. my lfs uses them in his tanks and they seem to be quite affective. i've noticed that sometimes he will have one MJ without the hydor on one side and have one with it on the other, dont know why but ill ask him next time i go because i am thinking of getting a few myself. but i'll definitly be getting mine off ebay cuz my lfs charges 25$ for one

Hi Jiddy,
Congrats on your soon-to-be tank. Be cautious about the black sand that you don't know where it came from. You want to make sure any sand you put in the tank is pure aragonite sand. Your black sand may be silica sand - which can make your beautiful tank a green slimey algae factory by leeching silicates in the tank water.

Back