Need zoa help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

iroll253

I have a couple zoa colonies that i really dont want to remove from my tank to treat the furan-2 zoapox dip.

I need specific advice on how you would go about dipping a mainly Zoa colony tank with a few inverts and fish. Thank you.

I have a couple zoa colonies that i really dont want to remove from my tank to treat the furan-2 zoapox dip.

I need specific advice on how you would go about dipping a mainly Zoa colony tank with a few inverts and fish. Thank you.

What is the problem you are experiencing? Are you looking to treat the tank for something or just the colonies?

Oh I missed it. Looks like your deal with zoapox. Hmm, I don't believe there is much you can do if you leave the zoos in the display. I have dealt with zoapox a few times and furan 2 dips seem to work well. If you do end up doing the dip be sure to soak the zoos in salt water for 20 minutes or so afterwards before introducing them back into the main display. You will be surprised how much furan is released out of them.

Good luck!

So it looks like ill have to use it as a dip and not a display treatment.. I was just hoping to avoid this since the couple frags attached to a large rock with a hammer coral are the ones infected. Oh well nothing a little glue cant fix. Thanks.

Back