Neon Psuedochromis Suprise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jetaero

Fish Geek
I turned my Vortech Pump off the other day, as my psuedochomis pair kept swimming towards it. I found the female in there yesterday, and the male today with a nice suprise... Here's some pictures:
Parents:
parents.jpg

Vortech:
nest.jpg

Closeup:
closeup.jpg

congrats yet another mind boggling thing to take place in fish tanks i cant wait to find baby clowns even if i cant raise them it would over joy me to see sumthing like that

Hey Josh,
That is very cool, I hope you have success with them. It's kind of a strange place for the spawning, I guess they like all that good water action on their nest.

Susie :)

Susie, the pump was off when they laid (I'm not going to turn it back on). I think they enjoyed it for the enclosure.

It is an expensive substrate... But if it's what keeps them happy... I better go get them some more... :lol:

-Josh-:cool:

That is flippin awesome. If you could hatch and raise a few you'd have some major leverage to trade for frags and stuff. I've seen those guys go for $50 a pop!

I used to have a neon dotty. The tank was in my kitchen and he would watch me cook :) They are the coolest fish. That's sweet that your pair has eggs. What are you plans on a nursery for the fry?

I've moved the eggs into a breeder pen/net, I will await them hatching tomorrow night, or thursday afternoon.

-Josh

Back